Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
chykunslaier
AF Newbie

SL1 code P0137 work for a 2000 L-series?

on another post i saw this error code and the description was CLOSE to what my car is doing. the engine fan is conastanly running and it has a very rought idle. but it wont die. its a 5 speed. when driving, the car jerks like i am pumping the gas peddle. power then no power.... of course i'm giving constant pressure to the peddle. that error code is for a heated 02 sensor rear low voltage. possibly needs and ECT replacement. does the same apply to the LS and L-series?

thanks
chykunslaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

Re: SL1 code P0137 work for a 2000 L-series?

DTC P0137 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Sensor 2

that code means most likey you have a bad sensor, but there is a small chance you may have a bad cat or some other problem mimicing a bad O2. i would need to look at the data stream with a scantool to know exactly what is causeing the problem. the ECT is a known bad part for the S-series, the L-series does not use the same part. not the say its impossible, but not as likely as an S-series. the jerking i'm guessing is ether a weak cylinder (which i could see throwing a P0137) or the computer acting wierd in limp mode for the bad sensor (but i don't think a rear O2 would cause limp mode)
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:55 AM   #3
chykunslaier
AF Newbie

ok. thank you. i'll have to swing in some place tomorrow and get it tested. what is limp mode?

thanks
Old 11-13-2004, 01:42 AM   #4
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

limp / limp-in / limp home mode is a fail-safe. if a critical sensor fail the computer instead uses a know good value and/or makes a guess reading from other sensors. this will allow the car to drive(however not very well) instead of demanding a tow to the shop.

short story about limp mode i've been told - a car had the SES light on for about nine months. the car was in safe mode, part of this car's safe mode was the transmission stayed in 3rd gear all the time. after nine months of being in safe mode and the lady never having the SES light checked, the car was towed into the shop with a overworked blown trans.
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
chykunslaier
AF Newbie

well here it is. turns out saturn lied to me when i bought the car. it was used. they said they had put in new plugs and wires as part of their 45 point test on the car for resale. well, 2 of the plugs were not even screwed in all the way and one of them had totally closed up with carbon. and that engine doesnt have wires. it has a coil over plug system. its suposed to be better i guess. those coils are suposed to last the life of the car. so i just changed the plugs and it was all better. the 2 plugs that were ok were very worn. i've only put 30,000 miles on the car since i've owned it and there was no way those plugs only had 30,000 on them. theres a total of 65k on the car. those looked like 65k plugs. i love my saturn, but i could just smack the people at the dealership.

any way, this forum rocks. i learned alot here.

thanks for your help

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW