Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
exitRooster
AF Newbie

Door ajar/alarm/interior lights come on

I've read all over the place (mostly elsewhere, as searches here only churn up 1 post about it) that this is a common well-known issue with Escapes.

Our 2006 Escape, when locked, will randomly start alarming (factory alarm, not an aftermarket). Obviously all doors (rear and glass) and hood are slammed good and tight - I've sprayed/lubed every mechanism I can find. It still does it.

Yes, if I close the doors and lock them from inside (not using the FOB) the alarm doesn't activate and thus doesn't honk, but the interior lights still come on (as if someone has entered the car) and over and over will drain the battery, and more importantly it just shouldn't do it.

How can I diagnose which sensor it might be that's bad? I have a obdII scantool, and even using FORScan (Excellent for Ford diagnostics btw if you don't know) there is no module to connect to on it that will show anything about door sensor or door ajar status, etc..

Would really like to fix this problem.

Ideas, comments, suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

eR
2006 Ford Escape XLT
2002 Oldsmobile Alero (3.4l)
2007 Ford Expedition (5.4l, EB EL, 1st Ford since my LTD-II ROFL)
exitRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: Door ajar/alarm/interior lights come on

99% of the time it is the drivers door. It gets the most usage and is more prone to getting the contacts dirty. Brian's video on YouTube is about the best one there is. Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egIGBzO065U
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid