Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hummer (AM General) > Hummer H1
View Poll Results: Yearly income?
< 50k 6 42.86%
< 75k 2 14.29%
< 100k 2 14.29%
too much to count 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
Jeep8402
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Jeep8402
Talking How do you afford these things?!

I know for many of you H1 owners money aint a thing..but if you dont mind me asking, how do you guys afford these things. I looked at a new H1 and they are over 130k..what kind of jobs and yearly income do you people have if you dont mind me asking. I am a college student and am looking for a career lol
Jeep8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
benallen
AF Newbie

Re: How do you afford these things?!

Most guys that own this cars me included dont buy them brand new, the reason being once you drive it off the lot you loose between 20 to 30 k. and two years later its worth around 60 to 70k. So really it doesnt matter what you make you can pick up a really nice used h1 for around 30k in the year range of 92-98.

Ben Allen
2002 yellow
lockers front & rear
for sale
benallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
RootBreaker
AF Newbie

they are going for about $45k here... new ones.. never pre owned... sticker price of $146k all the way down to that low price... winch, roof rack, off road lights ... all the bells and wistles......few left at the hummer dealer off of rt 13 in delaware
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
geepfreak
Banned

You can have replicas of Hummers. People interested in Humvee kits? Guys have you seen or heard bout this website? Its totally cool. Its called Geep, a showcase of Humvee/Hummer bodies and parts and more. Great for builders. Check out the main site, its http://www.geep.biz or you could also check out the catalogs page http://www.geep.biz/catalog. Tell me what you think.

GeepFreak
geepfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
nikostar
AF Newbie

I don't know about others but I cut corners everywhere to afford mine. The reason was because it was always my dream car growing up and it's the best truck I've ever owned.
nikostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
srvnet
AF Newbie

I got mine in 96, it was $60,000. My house was nearly paid for so I bought it. I'm not rich, I am a farmer in Idaho. My average net income the last 12 years is close to $10,000 a year (burned the equity in my realestate). do to very poor comdity prices. I once had all my realestate paid for, now its all mortgaged for farm operating loans for the past 12 years. The hummer is just some more numbers, just like the other loans. I do see light at the end of my tunnel though. Prices have picked up a bit and I can retire in a few years. I couldn't afford a new H1 though but I would like one if I could. For a lot of people it's like buying a couple of new pickuptrucks, only all at one time. simular to a house pmt. Most people really could buy one if they budgited to do it. Just what I think.

Hey rootabegger, if the price is as you stated there wouldn't be any left cause at that price they would be snatched up like free boggers. (I don't believe you)

Last edited by srvnet; 03-18-2006 at 04:34 PM.
srvnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #7
nikostar
AF Newbie

He's right, if you budget it out and saved a little cash here and there a lot of people would find that they can afford them. I'm not rich at all. I just decided what was more important to me and cut the corners where I needed to be able to make the payments.
nikostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
waterboy333
AF Newbie

Arrow Re: How do you afford these things?!

I used to work for hummer, and let me tell you the cost may be high, but service will kill you. just to change 4 tires the labor was 8hrs @ $98/hr 30k service was like 6-8 hrs crack a cylinder which many do, 24 hrs minimum, plus about $8k for a crate motor when they're available. never buy the 350 gas hummer, its a waste. try to get a 98 and up, look for one with more miles, its probably in better condition then the lower mile ones. just my opinion.
waterboy333 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hummer (AM General) > Hummer H1