Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #76
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Re: what happened to this board?

.. I still race, just AutoX and Road Racing in the G8.

Soon to start building my Camaro... it shall be a monster.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #77
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

I'm still racing, just not as much. The area seems to be split into two groups.

On one hand we have the legit, fast, "A Team" cars that wont give you a second look unless you can either break the 215+ mark in the standing mile or do single digit passes back to back, and the idiot ricer groups who aren't just enthusiastic kids who can't afford something nice, but are the real idiot ricer kids.

So I spend most of my racing against close friends I can trust and the 130 pulls to a minimum, and spend more time trying to get in with some of the real fast cars out here so that even if I can't spend a ton of money on the Z to get it fast, I can say I put some blood/sweat/tears into the fast cars.

They also opened up a new stretch of highway locally that for some reason is always empty and we are doing our best not to let the local gendarme find out it is where we head out. There have already been a handful of run ins with five oh, and most of the local "safe places" to race have been flooded with cops as of late. Also been doing some track/autoX days, but with the recent cold spell not as much as I would have liked to been doing.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #78
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07

i currently drive a slow car. it seriously prob runs a 18.** in the 1/4. somehow i beat a tsx the other day on the on ramp.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #79
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

Im currently driving a 92 dakota

Within a month it should be time to take out the saturn again. Should be all put back together within the next 2 weeks.
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #80
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

i should post a vid of how SLOW this car really is. ive gone over 100mph maybe 2-3 times. but i think its governed by the ecu past 85. otherwise it feels like a HUGE brick wall out of nowhere.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #81
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiquae07 View Post
i should post a vid of how SLOW this car really is. ive gone over 100mph maybe 2-3 times. but i think its governed by the ecu past 85. otherwise it feels like a HUGE brick wall out of nowhere.
Do you have an auto tranny or a DIY Cog Swapper?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #82
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

teh auto. 1st and second gear is cool, 3rd gear it starts to fall on it face past 5700 or so, and 4th gear it really acts like i deployed a parachute to go faster. seems like a fuel cut. my old nissan was faster than this blasted thing.

found a youtube video that will do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYG2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c23iM2xsABk

Last edited by Chiquae07; 03-04-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #83
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

In that second video I was actually able to get up, walk to my fridge, grab a soda, open it, and come sit back down before it actually got to 105 mph.

I feel your pain, my friend...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #84
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

It may be slow but it least it always accelerates When its really cold out my truck will randomly cut out and run on like 3 cylinders (out of 6) and not go anywhere then just snap out of it. Still havent figured that one out....

But she gets through snow like its nothing
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 03-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #85
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

it gets 25 mpg city stock for weighing a good 4300 lbs. it actually gets about the same amount as my nissan. i can only imagine what kind of gas milage i could get out of this basted thing if it weighed a good 3k like the 3. hence my reason for aiming to buy a bike. i have a cai coming next week. we will see if it helps at all. its a knock off injen, but ill stick a aem dry flow filter on it after i paint the sucker. trying to keep heat out of it as much as possible.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #86
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Its unfortunate that it is the auto... I had a buddy with the NA 3 with the 2.3 in it, and with I/H/E and some weight reduction on a stick, it was quick enough to scare a few stock Speed3s. He even ran doors with my best friends IS300 with I/H/E, Titan cam gears, and an Emanage tune.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #87
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

My friend has a 6 with the 3.0 and we are turbo'ing it this coming month and running E85. Just using a small Evo 9 turbo and just hoping for around 325-350whp or so. Although, I didnt realize they were that heavy.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #88
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
Its unfortunate that it is the auto... I had a buddy with the NA 3 with the 2.3 in it, and with I/H/E and some weight reduction on a stick, it was quick enough to scare a few stock Speed3s. He even ran doors with my best friends IS300 with I/H/E, Titan cam gears, and an Emanage tune.
i could see it. i drove a 2.0 5 speed 3, and that car was soooo much fun. loved the gear box. ah well what are you gonna do.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #89
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
My friend has a 6 with the 3.0 and we are turbo'ing it this coming month and running E85. Just using a small Evo 9 turbo and just hoping for around 325-350whp or so. Although, I didnt realize they were that heavy.
yea i dont believe it either, but thats what it states in the manual under curb weight, and on the vin sticker on the b pillar. ill have to go get it weighed for what its worth and make sure. some places are stating 3100 lbs or 4279. my manual says 4279. if it really IS about 3100 lbs, ill have to look into some weight reduction for this thing. im pretty sure the hatch alone is pretty heavy. carbon fibre hatch + lexan glass should help tremendously.

edit - i guess it only makes sense that it weighs around 3200 lbs. the fusion same year is about 3200, the atenza in the uk is about that much, and the speed6 is reporting at 3500.

Last edited by Chiquae07; 03-07-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #90
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Maybe the 4200 is the gross vehicle weight rating, which is the max the car should weigh with passengers. Lower 3000s sounds more in the ballpark though

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing