Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #16
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Re: Proton KR '06

Hi mates!! well now I'm here to bump this thread with a lot of photos
I can see that there aren't the photos of the secon day so this thread is too much old so I will update it a little .

Think that the first pictures where taken a long time ago, only the last 10 are from today.

A lot of work to do with the rear suspension.

If you see the frame too much long of the front part, I saw and studied a lot this part and I came to the conclusion that this bike had the position a little out, also I compared the axis of the suspension, and it is well positioned.

Well guys hope you like them.

As you can see the frame is on its end, so I suppose that for the next weekend it will be finished, this will be an important point, that is where all the pieces are attached.

Also I want to know please any moderator or admin can change the thread name for this: KR 211V 2006
Thank you!!
Roca46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #17
geronimo77
AutoWeek Magazine Vendor

Send a message via MSN to geronimo77 Send a message via Skype™ to geronimo77

Great work.
What is that material what you used for making the tank and seatcowl?
look kinda foam or sponge
geronimo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #18
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo77
Great work.
What is that material what you used for making the tank and seatcowl?
look kinda foam or sponge
Thank you,
The material was foam, it is special to sculpt but in the first picture of the tank and the cowl on the frame it was in resin, I always want to make the main shape with foam, then work a little with it and then copy the piece in resin, resin is a harder material and I can work better with it.

Bye!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #19
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Now I remember why I stoped to put pictures here.

Bye.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #20
geronimo77
AutoWeek Magazine Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca46

Bye.
Why?
I really like your work. Awesome scratchbuild. I wondering how you will make the decal? Laserprinter?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 AM   #21
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

I am really stunned by your work and your ambition. That frame looks as it is getting somewhere. Body parts also looks great.

I must say that last remark of yours had quite a sour taste to it, Roca.... The number of comments isn't linear to the amount of ohhs and ahhs in front of the screen. And I comment at my own choice and not to satisfy someones ego.
best regards
Joel
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 AM   #22
gionc
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to gionc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca46

Bye.
I guess you must be right
Like ever, stunning job.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #23
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Why?
I really like your work. Awesome scratchbuild. I wondering how you will make the decal? Laserprinter?
The first test I will do it with my own printer (Inkjet printer Epson Photo R800) if I will sell the kit, I think I will contact to some companies to make the decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelwideqvist
I am really stunned by your work and your ambition. That frame looks as it is getting somewhere. Body parts also looks great.

I must say that last remark of yours had quite a sour taste to it, Roca.... The number of comments isn't linear to the amount of ohhs and ahhs in front of the screen. And I comment at my own choice and not to satisfy someones ego.
best regards
Joel
Why I said this? Because there isn't an interest in the motorbikes forum (not just my thread), just check my last line on the post of the pictures, I ask to any moderator the change the title of the thread, but it still the same.
I don't want to show you my work only to say ohhs or ahhs, I put the work here because I want to know your opinion about if everything is right, I do the work but for my it's very important to know the opinion of the people, I think this is how I make my models. I'm a little disappointed that after that work only 3 or 4 give me an opinion (thank you guys) but we start again with the problem of the board, I suppose I remember other times when with a lot of comments or when I was on the car subforum.
I always said the same, we (those who love the motorcycle modeling) need a BIG forum, I tried it but it was a disaster, so I think the forum shouldn't belong to any site, just a forum.

I don't want to have problems or something like this, I will be here the next weekend to update the project, with replys or without replys.

Let's go ready for Qatar GP!!

Thank you mates!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #24
geronimo77
AutoWeek Magazine Vendor

This is what i wanted to ask - are you going to produce this bike, or you make it only for yourself.
Because if it will be on a good price (not on MFH level ) then i think i will buy one, although it is not a Rossi machine.
Keep up the good work , and please do not stop posting!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #25
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Ok, I get your point. One thing I would like more of in your threads is some references to what you are trying to accomplish. Photos of the real thing followed by your interpretation. If you are lazy like me you can't hope for me to get the Pitwalk collection out every time I look at the threads. With that I would also be able to come with constructive critisism instead of just ohhs and ahhs. Remember that you are working on an arena where many of your viewers haven't even seen a KR bike.

best regards
Joel
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
dlphnfn
AF Regular

Quote:
Remember that you are working on an arena where many of your viewers haven't even seen a KR bike.
Like me!!
Nice scratch building though! Those are some clean looking parts. I'll be keeping my eyes on this one for sure.
Erick --
Old 03-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #27
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
This is what i wanted to ask - are you going to produce this bike, or you make it only for yourself.
Because if it will be on a good price (not on MFH level ) then i think i will buy one, although it is not a Rossi machine.
Keep up the good work , and please do not stop posting!
Hi geronimo77, It depends of the final result, if it is good it is possible to be for sale, but I hope not to have problems with the KR team, I ask they for a few photos and they asked me what I was going to do with the model...If it was for my personal use... I told them the truth and I get no reply.

Quote:
Ok, I get your point. One thing I would like more of in your threads is some references to what you are trying to accomplish. Photos of the real thing followed by your interpretation. If you are lazy like me you can't hope for me to get the Pitwalk collection out every time I look at the threads. With that I would also be able to come with constructive critisism instead of just ohhs and ahhs. Remember that you are working on an arena where many of your viewers haven't even seen a KR bike.

best regards
Joel
Ok Joel you have reason, next time I will put pictures of the real bike to compare it, maybe this is what this thread needs.

Thank you mates!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #28
geronimo77
AutoWeek Magazine Vendor

Are you going to make p/e also?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #29
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Are you going to make p/e also?
Yes, I bought the machine from Micro Mark and well I'm sure they will not be like the quality of studio27 for example but I think they will be ok, I read on Internet and the instructions carefully but I still have to practise with it.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #30
hornet1
AF Newbie

Itīs stunning what you guys are able to do with putty and a few sheets of bare plastic. the reason I donīt post so many replys is: I didnīt show a single modell in the forum and until that changes I donīt think I have the rights to judge about anybody elses work. Thats my point of view. Anyway, Roca, donīt give up and go on like you did in the past, I think there are many modellers watching the threads without posting a reply. I think you do great and Iīm curios how the final result will turn out.
hornet1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes