Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
gtrplayer
AF Newbie

Dealer Financing vs. Credit Union

Ok...I'm pre-approved at a price and a solid interest rate.

What happens when I go into the "finance" office at the dealer and he/she says, "I can get you 4.5% instead of your 6.4%"

I want NO addons, NO exteded stuff, NO protection, NO insurance...JUST the amount listed on the order that we agreed upon. Is that possible...?? Or is the dealerships financing a scam??

He also told me he can get this rate IF I have good credit! My credit is good, but then who defines "good".... now he's ran my credit report numerous times (correct?) in an effort to "shop" me the "best" rate and comes back with 6.0%.... I HAD 6.4 anyway with MY credit union???

Is it worth it to go through all that IF I'm already approved?? WHat is the scam here????

Thanks!
gtrplayer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A