Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Remote Control Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Remote Control Cars Questions, comments or discussions on the wonderful little vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
ummmmm0k
AF Newbie

why do you say gas powered isnt good for your 1st car

ive seen multiple people say dont get gas as your first car but why not. its my first car, and jsut casue i knew nothing about how to fix them i still did, i broke an axle, the sterring, and some other things, but i was able to fix it and it ran =)

starting with gas is a learning experience because to learn you have to experience, and if you dont experience then you wont learn
ummmmm0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
naruto
Banned

Re: why do you say gas powered isnt good for your 1st car

probably because they don't want them wasting hundreds of dollars just to crash it into something. I've never driven a proper electric R/C car but nirto can be a hand full a times(for me).

Plus maybe the cost of maintenance eg: gaskets, clutches, spur gears, not to mention the cleaning! But then again its a hobby
naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:36 PM   #3
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec

anyone who says nitro is complicated and not for new people are people who can't tune.. I started off with nitro and I;ve been into it for about a year now. Never blown a motor (on purpose) and my motors have 6+ gallons thru them

Nitro is easy if you take the TIME to LEARN to tune them. Don't expect it to happen overnight either.

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

Mostly to save money and time. Gas powered cars are considered to be at skill level 3. Same as nitro cars I think, but I think Nitro cars are faster.

Electric is a good way to get the feel of things, then upgrade to the gas. Same as getting a R/C Helicopter. Start with a electric motor and then upgrade to the gas.

Lexus LF-A Roadster Concept with my bodykit design

"Current Projects"
Nismo Kure GT-R - 0% Sileighty/Onevia - 35%/25%, MCR R34 GT-R - 10%, R34 JGTC Xanavi - 30%, JGTC Raybrig NSX - 0%, 2009/2011 WRX STi - 50%/0%, D1GP Kazama S15 - 55%, Toyota Celica - 2%, Calsonic Z Super GT - 0%, Calsonic R32 GT-R Race car - 5%, C-West RX-7 - 40%, Nismo 350Z 5%, Blitz Chaser - 90%.... a lot of unfinished work.
xpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
autotech234
AF Newbie

I have had many rc cars and crashing is just part of the game. it does not matter if it is nitro or eltri.

So I say go with what ever is the coolest and your wife will let you buy.
autotech234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Feint Motion
AF Enthusiast

Electric>Nitro
The first mistake you are making is wanting a gas. I tell this to all the people that are planning on getting into RC and want a nitro, then they come back later thanking me.

Go electric if this is your first real RC. Electrics can be/are just as good as nitro's. They are also less complicated, and less expensive. When one thing breaks with a nitro, sometimes you have to rip apart the enitre RC to fix the problem. A lot of people do not know how the basics of RCs work so they cant identify the problem resulting in major problems, then they just become $400-$600 dust collectors
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Remote Control Cars