Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
Bighudson64
AF Newbie

Thoughts and opinions needed

I just got a 92 Mustang Lx 4cy 2.3L. It’s old and has definitely seen better days. Instead of jumping in to a bunch of random and dumb hobbies I figured I’d hop on this dirt cheap car and just make it a beast. I’m a certified collision technician and welder so that stuff is covered, but I need to know what (motors, transmissions, suspension, etc) will work for this model that will help a brother to scald the black top. Literally all suggestions are welcome as long as they will work for this specific car. TIA
Bighudson64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:30 PM   #2
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

Re: Thoughts and opinions needed

Basically the sky is the limit, but probably the easiest would be swapping in a 5.0 of that time, but you could throw in modular motor, coyote 5.0, or go old school with a carbureted motor build. Even GM ls swap has been done, but i'm not a fan of putting a gm product in a ford. seems dirty lol But first things first, that 2.3 gotta go lol
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
92mustanglx2.3l
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Performance