Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
renegade_00
AF Newbie

Mustang v6 to v8 swap flywheel help

I have a friend with a 94 Mustang which was originally a v6, that the previous owner swapped to a v8. Apparently the guy put the v6 flywheel onto the v8 which caused it to vibrate badly due to the wrong imbalance. So my friend has pulled the engine out and identified the engine as an 87 5.0.

Now the question is what is the cheapest best option for him to use this engine with the v6 trans? He ordered a new bellhousing from summit, but it was too short. So now we're exploring purchasing a 164 tooth 50oz flywheel from summit but that's almost 400 bucks. Is there a cheaper more common solution here?
renegade_00 is offline   Reply With Quote