Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
The Silver Bullet
AF Newbie

Question 2013 Fiesta MPG Lower then EPA Estimates

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have a general question about my Fiesta and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I'm intentionally omitting specific car details but will add them if necessary.

The estimated EPA average for this specific Fiesta is 29 City, 39 Highway, and 33 combined, my average is 20 MPG. Have any of you experienced this with your car or have an idea as to why this could be the case?

I live in south Florida, in the city. Not too congested, its not bumper to bumper (Normally). The car has 8014 miles on it so it really hasn't met the break-in period but has had an oil change, tires are inflated to correct pressure, I use cruise on the highway (Its flat land here). I use 85 octane and I'm easy on the peddle. I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Joshua.
The Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
SleepyHead98
AF Regular

Re: 2013 Fiesta MPG Lower then EPA Estimates

thats terrible. MPG depends on how you drive. Aggressive driving = bad MPG. Also, simple google search will let you know epa estimates are done a 55mph ac off, windows up. Yeah, epa est is not realistic.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
The Silver Bullet
AF Newbie

Yeah, I'm not sure what good 55 mph is anymore, I think its about a joke. On city streets the norm is 35-45 and the freeway is normally 70. Not what I call realistic LoL!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
65comet
AF Enthusiast

35-45 on some cars can generate the worst or best mileage. If you can get it into the highest gear at that speed, you should see incredible mileage. But if it has to be down one gear, then the engine is running at the upper portion of its normal rpms and kills your mileage. City traffic can vary greatly depending on the lightness of your Go pedal foot, congestion and the length of the stop lights. Some wonderful areas around here you have to sit through a light 5 times before you finally get through the intersection.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
dlbdata
AF Newbie

I've got a 2013 Manual Trans. If I'm doing 65-70 on highway I get ~39-40mpg. If I'm doing a lot of 40-50mph I can get 43-45mpg. My gas mileage is better at the slower speeds even with some lights & stop signs, than it is on the highway doing a steady 65-70. I've averaged about 42mpg for the first 5000mi.
dlbdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
The Silver Bullet
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbdata View Post
I've got a 2013 Manual Trans. If I'm doing 65-70 on highway I get ~39-40mpg. If I'm doing a lot of 40-50mph I can get 43-45mpg. My gas mileage is better at the slower speeds even with some lights & stop signs, than it is on the highway doing a steady 65-70. I've averaged about 42mpg for the first 5000mi.
Damn! You seem to be having WAY better mpg then I can dream of.

What is your average MPH at? Mine is at a minisqual 14mph.

From ALL of the reviews, EPA testimonials, and personal experiences I have read, the average seems to be way higher then the EPA suggested.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta