Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pagani > Zonda
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 10:40 PM   #1
jonesn
AF Newbie

Redesign???

I'm curious about the redesign info mentioned on the main page. Are you talking about a small redesign like the C12s was to the C12, or do you mean a completely new design layout?
jonesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 05:53 PM   #2
nsx1164
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nsx1164
new C12S 7.3

the latest C12S has a 7.3L AMG motor... improved power (555 hp) and torque (750 N-m, up from 720).

There are several writeups on this -- mainly from the 02 Geneva Show.

Several other mods:
- airbox
- improved ABS and traction control
- new aero -- the rear wings were moved slightly back, for better support and stability at high speeds. The back cap was flattened to offer better visibility, and improves the fluidity of the side-view silhouette

I'll visit their facilities next week, and will post some pictures.
nsx1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 06:05 PM   #3
Adam
AF Enthusiast

that'd be great... but on the front page, while earlier I talked about the 7.3, the redesign would be a site redesign...
Old 06-24-2002, 05:49 AM   #4
nsx1164
AF Enthusiast

new Pagani motorcar coming...

They ARE definitely developing another vehicle at Pagani motors. Another model, not Zonda.

I don't have the details yet, but they verbally confirmed these at the factory, and I saw some parts in the autoclave area that did not look like Zonda.

Stay tuned for details

###############

As an aside, they are working on getting US federalization setup for the Zonda. Its currently in the "show and exhibit only" category for US use. It still needs a few things (airbags, etc), but the carbon-fiber chassis should easily pass any DOT/NHTSA tests.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:33 PM   #5
jonesn
AF Newbie

That's what I thought, I had a feeling there was something more than just the Zonda 7.3 being built. I don't know if it's true, but in Robb Report the author of the story on the Zonda S said something like the "Pagani Pampero" was coming, so I guess that could be the name of it. Anyone know what Pampero is?
jonesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 07:12 PM   #6
nsx1164
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by jonesn
That's what I thought, I had a feeling there was something more than just the Zonda 7.3 being built. I don't know if it's true, but in Robb Report the author of the story on the Zonda S said something like the "Pagani Pampero" was coming, so I guess that could be the name of it. Anyone know what Pampero is?
Here's a link to parts of the Robb Report article --> http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t48255.html

I chatted with the Zonda PR folks last week, and they hope to complete US certification soon, with an aggressive target of late this year (2002).

Trivia:
A zonda is a dry, winter wind that descends from the Andes' eastern slopes. It usually precedes the pampero, a severe thunderstorm with rain, thunder and lightning.

Given the ferocity of the Zonda automobile and the company's initial success, the traditional supercar establishment had better watch out. The Pagani Pampero must surely be on its way.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:01 PM   #7
Adam
AF Enthusiast

if that is true, it would be exciting inded... and I would have to make a new site then... probably just paganizonda.com renamed and redesigned, with open room for more info...
Old 06-28-2002, 05:49 PM   #8
Ando_Rules
AF Enthusiast

wow im am so looking forward to a new model from Pagani because the Zonda was so amasing now i hope this one will be even better.

but here in Canada i have not seen any Zonda's yet so i still am waiting to see one on the road's
Ando_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 11:25 AM   #9
nsx1164
AF Enthusiast

open-top car coming

An open-top version is reportedly in the works. The CF tub is being enhanced to provide additional stiffness.

My guess is that it will be a roof-less barchetta, ala F50.

Stay tuned...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pagani > Zonda