Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
pcavanagh1984
AF Newbie

power window regulator

the steel cable from the regulator for my drivers side front window appears to be off track, does this mean its broken, and unfixable, or do you think it can somehow be fixed?, when rolling the window up, the motor works, but the window goes nowhere, and the cable comes off track and curves out towards the end of the door. when I roll it down, it straightens out. any suggestions?
pcavanagh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
mjg311
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to mjg311
Power window regulator problem

I have a 1997 Grand Prix SE and I've got a similar window problem. My window became unhitched from the motor somehow and now can only be opened or closed via my manual labor. I've removed the door panel and the water deflector parts to access the mechanism but I have only made things worse. I have somehow bungled the window motor cable and now it's binding in the door somehow (plus, I can't get the window to fully close now since the cable is bound up). Any suggestions on how to correct this and some help on what part I may need to replace (the window regulator bracket and mechanism?) would be very much appreciated.

Mike
mjg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
alberta bob
AF Newbie

Re: power window regulator

me too, i found that the wire spool in the motor gets all twisted and finally breaks so i am replacing the regulator my problem is just how do you remove the window glass with out breaking the glass? i went to the auto wreckers and practiced on the corpses first, the regulator and motor look in good condition but could not remove the glass without shattering it
alberta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Re: power window regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta bob View Post
me too, i found that the wire spool in the motor gets all twisted and finally breaks so i am replacing the regulator my problem is just how do you remove the window glass with out breaking the glass? i went to the auto wreckers and practiced on the corpses first, the regulator and motor look in good condition but could not remove the glass without shattering it
You should not have to remove the glass to replace the regulator. Just tape it in place in the up position. But, I think if you rotate it so that you take it out length-wise, you might have more luck. Probably can't rotate the back down. The front will probably have to come down and the back up. Then you have to decide whether to try it up outside of the top of the door, or inside. I have not done it on this vehicle, but did on a minivan.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix