Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
stormer_GS
AF Regular

Ford GT40 MKii, 2nd

Hi!

This is one of the models I am waiting for the right skill level to build, but I gave up waiting recently.
I wanted to build it for the Moson model show in april 2015 (Hungary) but the original decals cracked
when i put them out of the water... I bought the excellent Shunko decals and the work continued.
Color is ZeroPaints Gulf Blue, red is also a ZP - Ducati Rosso, clearcoat is an automotive 2k lacquer
(Mobihel if I remember correctly...) and interior is painted with Tamiya Blue.
I'll let pics do the talking...and thanks for watching!

Old 06-21-2015, 11:33 PM   #2
sam01contact
AF Enthusiast

Re: Ford GT40 MKii, 2nd

I fully understand, sometimes a model is not to be in a specific time, but now you are doing great! Can't wait to see the finished model!
sam01contact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
stormer_GS
AF Regular

Sometimes all of the pieces just have to fall together by itself, like you're saying, Sam.
Looks like I'd have made a mess out of this kit some years earlier because there weren't Schunko decals
when I got this kit, with decals printed in the era of "yellowing".
Frankly, I miss sometimes that experienced modelers don't speak more of the model policy/strategy.
As we all know, every modeler has his kits for "level" points and kits for competition and
kits for "peace of mind". For example the following three models are all a part of mine comeback era and
still in WIP, except for the grey gentlemen on the far right, Mr. Challenger and weekend racer Mustang Hertz.
They might look attractive but every rose has it's thorn...

Old 04-27-2017, 04:10 AM   #4
stormer_GS
AF Regular

Hello to everbody! It's been two years since update in this thread!? Guess I really am doing it slow and easy with modelling, hehe. Frankly speaking I didn't have to do much more than just assemble it together to get it to this stage. A little bit of weathering to make it more realistic, sand the tires, some Alclad... There are still some small details to fix (oil wiring on the gearbox, panel and wheel knock-offs wash) but it's coming together just fine. I will let pics do the talking... ;-)
Old 04-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #5
kopek
AF Regular

Great build and presentation. I would only consider the centre stripe Gulf colours because that is the image of the car that I have. I wouldn't care if the all the bits and race numbers are of the correct era. What I want is the image in my head of the car of that time. You have done well to present this image.
kopek is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports