Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 10:57 PM   #1
mwilken
AF Newbie

So What do you think about it?

I finally got around to go test drive the FX35 today. I couldnt see spending an extra 5-10,000 hard earned bones for an additional 35 horse power. The 3 and a half liter will probably be the way to go for most people. I actually thought it was a nice ride. I don't like the rear end so much as it looks a litle bulbous. Of course I have seen the Porche Cayene and it looks almost identical in the rear. The thing that kind of sucks is that it doesnt qualify for the farm vehicle tax credit like a BMW X5, but it is a little cheaper. I like it, but Volkswagon has the new Taureg coming out and it offers that adjustable suspension which should make it very off road worthy as well as a good freeway cruiser. I never thought I might find myself actually thinking of a Volkswagon. I would love to hear some other peoples first impressions of this unnusual new breed of cars/trucks or whatever the call themselves.
mwilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:49 PM   #2
Prozzi
AF Newbie

I just bought the FX35 and I love it, I think the looks are definately unique. It drives great and over all a great car. I agree with you that the extra money for the V8 wasn't worth it, I think the V6 is just great, plus better fuel economy. I also wanted to wait for the VW, but I decided that I liked the the Infiniti instead.
Prozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:08 AM   #3
PSB
AF Newbie

Just bought the FX45 today! Diamond Graphite w/beige interior w/tech package! What an awesome car! Everywhere I go, people stop in their tracks to stare at it (not to mention other SUV drivers). Power is unbelievable....with the V8 this car easily rivals the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S which sells for almost twice as much! The V6 is definately no slouch but after I test drove the V8, the additional punch was just too good to pass up (...also nice to burn by those pesky BMW X5 owners, hehe). The addtional 5K difference for the V8 was not that big of a deal for me. Anyways, this car has the LOOKS, POWER, and the TOYS (definately get the Tech package and 20" wheels) to put it in the TOP among all the boring and me-to SUV's out there!
PSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:00 PM   #4
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Re: So What do you think about it?

Quote:
Originally posted by mwilken
it doesnt qualify for the farm vehicle tax credit like a BMW X5
Farm or Fam vehicle

Do the dealers have these in stock & allow test-drives? I went to look at the new coupe... was told that I had to wait & couldn't drive one until I order one
Old 03-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #5
mwilken
AF Newbie

By Farm I mean that vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of over 6,000 pounds qualify for up to a $24,000 depreciation in the first year as I understand it. That is huge if you drive your truck for business purposes as I plan to. As for me, still no decision, partly because I hate the idea of another car payment. I too want to get a G35 coupe to replace the 2000 Mustang GT that has been nothing but trouble from day one. Oh well, that is what this forum is all about, dreams. Except for the few lucky souls out there that have already made the purchase. Congrats on the V8 with the tech package. I really like the idea of making your key obsolete. I hope you continue to enjoy it. I have had Infiniti products now for the last 10 years almost and have never had any mechanical failures. Just great overall cars.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:07 PM   #6
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by mwilken
qualify for up to a $24,000 depreciation in the first year as I understand it
Wow... too bad I chose a lightweight Suburban instead of the huge 2500 8.1L - that is some tax savings
Quote:
Originally posted by mwilken I have had Infiniti products now for the last 10 years almost and have never had any mechanical failures[/b]
Wish I could say the same about Chevy... nothing but problems
Old 03-23-2003, 11:34 AM   #7
BluJeep
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by PSB
Just bought the FX45 today! (definately get the Tech package and 20" wheels) to put it in the TOP among all the boring and me-to SUV's out there!
How is the ride with those 20 inchers?? Is it harsh? I would think it would be, there's hardly any sidewall...
BluJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:19 PM   #8
PSB
AF Newbie

To me the ride is just fine w/the 20's. I had a BMW X5 before w/18" wheels and the ride, in my opinion, was worse than the FX45. I think the performance benefit (not to mention the kick-ass handling) is worth it. ...and those 20's look damn sexy!
Old 03-26-2003, 02:50 AM   #9
BluJeep
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by PSB
To me the ride is just fine w/the 20's. I had a BMW X5 before w/18" wheels and the ride, in my opinion, was worse than the FX45. I think the performance benefit (not to mention the kick-ass handling) is worth it. ...and those 20's look damn sexy!
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, they do look cool!
I'm wondering what the 18" wheels look like...

What tire is on the 20's? Can you give me the name & model & size?
Thanks.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:35 PM   #10
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Which dealer would be the best to buy from in So. Cal.? Also, are any incentives/discounts offered? It would be a bummer to pay full sticker
Old 03-26-2003, 06:02 PM   #11
PSB
AF Newbie

The 18" wheels look almost identical to the 20's except it has a couple less spokes. The tires on the 20's are Goodyear Eagle RS-A's. The size of the tires are: 265/50R20
Old 03-27-2003, 04:33 PM   #12
BluJeep
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

Wow, those are wide tires! Nice.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:05 AM   #13
mwilken
AF Newbie

I love the wheels. Of course, I am only 28 years old so I am in the younger generation. I have never owned a car with hubcaps thank God. Those big alloys look amazing especially on the Black version. Keep us all up to date on how your new car is wearing on you. Any complaints/suggestions/praises to share with us?
Old 03-28-2003, 12:04 PM   #14
PSB
AF Newbie

I had the car for about a couple weeks now. So far, no complaints! This car continues to amaze me everytime I drive it! The performance is just awesome w/the V-8. From a standing start, it takes off like a jet! (I get a lot of suprised looks from Mustang GT owners!) Exhaust noise is sweet...everytime you press on the gas, it reminds you there's a V8 in there! Steering response is unbelivably quick in this car...changing lanes takes just a "flick of a wrist." (I've read somewhere that the FX's chassis is based on the 350Z and G35 and I believe 'em!). I love the small, thick steering wheel..similar to what you see in a BMW M3 or M5. Interior is very nice indeed....the leather seating is very smooth and of very high quality...the front seats are perhaps the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in!.....very comfortable and at the same time, very sporty w/the thick side bolsters. Some cool features: laser cruise control, rear view camera, DVD-navigation system, rear DVD entertainment system, and intelligent key system (you don't need to use the keys to open the door or start the car!). If there's anything that people could complain abut the car (I don't!) is that the ride is too harsh and the luggage space is small. Yes, the ride is a little firm (esp. w/the 20's) but it's very well controlled......for those who are used to the sports car ride or have ever been in a BMW X5 (which I previously owned), the FX's ride quality is very acceptable. But make no mistake, this is a "sporty SUV" and NOT a Lexus. Cargo space is also acceptable (about the same as a X5)....but heck, this is not a Suburban! For $50K, there's really no other car out there that can match the looks, power, and features of the FX45. Everywhere I go, I get tons of looks, stares, and compliments. Infiniti is on a roll!
Old 04-05-2003, 09:29 PM   #15
Dpow
AF Newbie

4 Weeks later
I love it. gets up and goes
FX35, tech package, 20" wheels
I get looks from everyone, young and old.
(-) Exterior mirrors are too large, cant see around them without moving, no rear window sprayer, steering wheel and seat move everytime I start engine( I drive 1,000 miles a week and have about 60 appointments Friday to sunday) this feature gets old. Rear monitor should be moved up just a little. Cheap wiper blades, cheap windshield(both repalaced first 3,000 miles.

Originally wanted the Cayenne, but hey 1/2 the price and available, why wait?

Great Car..

:sun:
Dpow is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45