Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

whats with the N/A bashing ??

alright TT guys im tired of hearing the indirect criticsm about how weak the N/A is and that they're not worth a shit ... my 15 yr old 150k 3.0 v6 can keep up with the modern cars and even surpass some of them ... for their performance theyre really worth more than you all say they are ... sure 150k is alot but its a nissan and if you take care of a nissan
N/A motor your looking at more than 300k on the odo without a major rebuild ... TT's in general are known to have a shorter life span so eat that TT guys
rendertrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
probehtr300
AF Enthusiast

Re: whats with the N/A bashing ??

lol

Past Z Car Crew

-josh
probehtr300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #3
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

ok? i don't think anyone is saying that your engine sucks... 222 stock hp out of a 3.0 litre v6 is a pretty impressive figure for a car that's 15 years old.. that being said, with that many miles on it, things naturally begin to wear and become weaker/break.

of course tt's are going to have a shorter life span... anything that has forced induction is naturally going to break down faster than its n/a counterpart...
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #4
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendertrust
alright TT guys im tired of hearing the indirect criticsm about how weak the N/A is and that they're not worth a shit ... my 15 yr old 150k 3.0 v6 can keep up with the modern cars and even surpass some of them ... for their performance theyre really worth more than you all say they are ... sure 150k is alot but its a nissan and if you take care of a nissan
N/A motor your looking at more than 300k on the odo without a major rebuild ... TT's in general are known to have a shorter life span so eat that TT guys
i think this thread has some relevance to your headgasket thread...

i told you that it may be a good idea to swap in a new engine rather than pay to replace the headgasket on your motor. i told you this because replacing the headgasket through a mechanic or dealership is going to run you about 15-20 hours labor time. lets say labor charges are $60 which is around where most of the mechanics in my area, rates are. that is $900-$1200 in labor charges only. you also have 150k miles on your car so i gave you a suggestion that it might be a good idea to go ahead and change the motor and may end up being the same price or cheaper than replacing the headgasket. now you possiably have a low mileage newer N/A motor that isnt going to give you any troubles for a while. not that the N/A engine is crap, but if yours wasnt treated good by previous owners then it may be on its last legs. and reguardless its gonna start costing you money to maintain because little things are gonna go. sorry if i came off like the N/A motor sucks...
ZedEx Crew Member #4

Last edited by k3smostwanted; 03-13-2005 at 06:26 PM.
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #5
liam91ttz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to liam91ttz

what would rather have, a cool looking car that really cant beat much more than the family sedan. or a twin turbo beast thats gonna eat up preaty much everything in its class, when propertly tuned.

when your turbos are pulling you past every riced out piece on the street, while the bov's rip, ull thank yourself for getting the turbo!

[B.] Past Z Car Crew [/B.]
liam91ttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
driftmaster200
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to driftmaster200

NA cars can be just as good as forced-induction cars, its the amount of power that matters.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #7
liam91ttz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to liam91ttz

ya theres no dout about some n/a's i wasnt talking bad about them
but when it comes to the z car ur not going to make much power with the vg30de without forced induction,
i wish u could get that kind of power from that block, but its not worth it finnancially

[B.] Past Z Car Crew [/B.]
liam91ttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #8
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: whats with the N/A bashing ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam91ttz
what would rather have, a cool looking car that really cant beat much more than the family sedan. or a twin turbo beast thats gonna eat up preaty much everything in its class, when propertly tuned.

when your turbos are pulling you past every riced out piece on the street, while the bov's rip, ull thank yourself for getting the turbo!
Wanna bet???????
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:59 PM   #9
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT

i think u took it the wrong way rendertrust a TT is more prefferable over a n/a...

oh offtopic i found that riced out mitsu that is a wanna be F&F car and took some pics of it when he went inside this apartment building when i was at a friends ill upload them tomorrow lol ....

cracks me up i pointed and laughed at him

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)