Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #16
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

And just think, some prick at a dealership would've charged you $2k for a new brain, relay, fusible link, and wouldn't have even givin you a complementary reach around in the process.
Bdetore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:25 PM   #17
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT
yah, so true k3smostwanted usually is a simple fix on electrical problems .. lol and Bdetore a dealership would rape me if i would have taken it to them but i wouldnt do that if i didnt fix it i would keep tryin to fix it... i was just gonna hook my fuel pump and ignition up to toggle switch if i didnt get it figured out lol ...

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #18
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

Re: Crank No Start Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTrEmEDrIfT
yah, so true k3smostwanted usually is a simple fix on electrical problems .. lol and Bdetore a dealership would rape me if i would have taken it to them but i wouldnt do that if i didnt fix it i would keep tryin to fix it... i was just gonna hook my fuel pump and ignition up to toggle switch if i didnt get it figured out lol ...
That's pretty good, but MacGuyver could've gotten the thing running with an upside down coke bottle, a hole in the cap and a zippo.

But I hear you on the dealer thing. Almost everything I've learned about working on cars came from fixing something I paid someone else to do.
I actually had an argument with the Head Engine Mechanic at my local Dodge dealer about what engine I had in my truck after I personally did an engine swap. Upon opening the hood for him, "Yup, you got throttle body," referring to the injection system, to which I replied "Then what are those four injectors for on each side?" "Oh, you're right, it is Multi-point."

Head mechanic huh? Lesson for today kids,... Learn to do your own oil changes, and brake pads don't cost $500.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:38 AM   #19
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT
Re: Crank No Start Condition

hahahaha i would then respond and be like "and they actually let u be a mechanic here"

tahst funny as hell ... yah im familiar with TBI

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #20
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Crank No Start Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTrEmEDrIfT
hahahaha i would then respond and be like "and they actually let u be a mechanic here"

tahst funny as hell ... yah im familiar with TBI
I think my reply was, "You work here?" Anyone who know's jack about Dodge truck engines knows that in 1992 they switched the old TBI out for the new MPI motors that were being developed for the 94' ram. Call it a bonus for all the poor shleps who couldn't wait for '94 and still liked the square body style. The difference in the appearance of the two motors is instantly recognizable. INSTANTLY!!! On the older TBI set up the intake manifold is a flat design that sits at about the hight of the valve covers. The MPI intake is a high dome bright aluminum piece that sits about 4" higher than the valve covers. Not to mention 8 either silver injectors that have bright yellow or red plug ins (on 92-96or so) or bright red ones(97 and up). It's pretty quick to see, and I only have one good eye!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)