Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Re: Why are Americans OK with Hyundai and Kia?

If I am not mistaken every car manufacturer has copied something off another be it a small almost unnoticeable thing to something as large as the overall appearance. Its over 100 years of car design, there is bound to be overlap in looks, style and parts in the industry.

I still find my Hyundai a reliable car.

TS

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
Jalmir
AF Regular

Thumbs down Re: Why are Americans OK with Hyundai and Kia?

oh please!

like Hyundai is the only company that ever copied the style of another car/brand!

... what about the Grand Vitara vs Escape (from early 2000) ;

or the 2005 Suzuki Verona and the Subaru Legacy

or what about the Accord 1998 and the Camry 1998 ...

I could go like this all night but you get my point ... so instead of bashing a brand, you guys should start learning a bit to actually know what you're talking about!

/thread.
Jalmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #18
FishFind
One Hot Shot

I hate all imports my self.

I do find it funny how the KIA has the copy of the Bentley. It is so stupid to see it. Where I live about 1 out of 30 cars will be a Bentley. Bet that guy feels like a dumb-ass when he is sitting at a red light next to a real one.
FishFind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
Jalmir
AF Regular

effing please ...

The Kia Amanti isn't a copy of the Continental GT, they BOTH came out around the same time in 2003!

If the front was a copy, it was from the Merc E-Class from the mid 90' (specifically the W210) ... that would then mean that Bentley also copied their front end ... oh! and lets not forget that the Merc front end was merely a remodeling from the first generation of the Jaguar S-Type.

Now what? That would mean no respect for Bentley and Mercedes on top of Hyundai and Kia then, right?
Jalmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
FishFind
One Hot Shot

Correct! don't like any of them. Nor the Jaguar.
As stated, Don't like imports.
FishFind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #21
Willyum
AF Enthusiast

It's been said that if you can put a radiator cap on it, Americans will buy it.
Willyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
Langleyhyundai
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
If I am not mistaken every car manufacturer has copied something off another be it a small almost unnoticeable thing to something as large as the overall appearance. Its over 100 years of car design, there is bound to be overlap in looks, style and parts in the industry.

I still find my Hyundai a reliable car.

TS
Hyundai is exactly that a reliable, affordable car. You pay for what you get. Hyundai has great value and little mechanical issues.
Langleyhyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
michelleon
AF Newbie

In a far away fourth position is the Hyundai Kia Automobile Group, composed of the two biggest Korean car producers. Hyundai Kia may be in fourth position, but it is getting on its competitors and may some day turn into the top-selling car company in the world.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #24
mc57us@yahoo.com
AF Newbie

recently look at a Nissan Versa and 12 elantra thet were of like price but then the differences became apparent versaas nothing like the Hyunai warrantthe standard features on these vehicles or miles apart the elantra hadwer everything,from all disc brakes,and automatic and airconditioning were standard on ekantra but a 1300$ package on the versa wich still had drums on back and was notas comfortable as elantra Elantra was a throwaway car when it first came out but Hyundai and Kia have improved to the point with giving Toyota and Nissan and honda a run for the money with great i improvements in quality and competitive mileage and many premium features as standard that aren't on other cars in a world where the Union owns a large portion of General Motors and Fiat now owns Chrysler what are we to do after all
mc57us@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
mc57us@yahoo.com
AF Newbie

lamenting a time where American cars were still American but for many years American car companies coasted on the quality that they once had and sat on the laurels well they became less relevant to buisnesses that don't pay attention to customers should not be bailed out but should be allowed to die with a whimper can be absorbed by the other companies that care about customers bankruptcy for these companies would have been just ford still has better idea
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #26
mc57us@yahoo.com
AF Newbie

recently look at a Nissan Versa and 12 elantra thet were of like price but then the differences became apparent versaas nothing like the Hyunai warrantthe standard features on these vehicles or miles apart the elantra hadwer everything,from all disc brakes,and automatic and airconditioning were standard on ekantra but a 1300$ package on the versa wich still had drums on back and was notas comfortable as elantra Elantra was a throwaway car when it first came out but Hyundai and Kia have improved to the point with giving Toyota and Nissan and honda a run for the money with great i improvements in quality and competitive mileage and many premium features as standard that aren't on other cars in a world where the Union owns a large portion of General Motors and Fiat now owns Chrysler what are we to do after all
Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #27
SleepyHead98
AF Regular

Yeah, they maybe "copies" but arnt all cars? Every company is trying to be like the big dog, and please excuse Hyundai for getting a piece of that pie. Atleast they were not part of some massive human extermination project such as BMW, Mercedes, and VW.

A car is a tool, if it gets the job done without much fuss, its a good car. Besides they have pretty stellar crash ratings.
SleepyHead98 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > General Discussion