Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
gamelovers11223
AF Newbie

My Lex vs. 04 Maxima se and 97 SE Stick

Ah, finally another bunch of races for me
First one was about a week ago with my buddy on his 97 Maxima SE on stick. Well, I gave him a head start, after waiting for like 5 sec i gunned it (he was still spinning his wheels) and flew away till I had couple of bus length on him. At the next red he pulled up and told me:
- "Wow bro I thought this car was slow and heavy, but you just blew me away."

Next one was about 20 min. ago with my coworkers 04 Maxima SE Auto. He recently bought it and was braggin' about that he'll rip me like no tomorrow.
Well, he got this opportunity today as we drove home from work. He had 4 passengers so as I. First try: He spins hard and I jump him instantly 1/2 car and start pulling hard until I had about 3 cars on him by 65 I let off the accelerator, but he's still flat on it, so I gun it again and pull hard until 100 and about 2 bus length. Second try: I gave him a little head start and he jumped me 1/2 car, but I start to pull hard and by 60 again abut 2 cars on him.

Right after a maxima race I had a Mazda Protege ~02 that wanted a piece of me. That ended up in numerous bus length on it by 60.

That's All Folks (C) well, for now I hope I will have more interesting races to post soon.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Re: My Lex vs. 04 Maxima se and 97 SE Stick

I find it hard to believe that an automatic Maxima with 4 passengers would spin it's wheels from a hard launch. Four people is a lot of extra weight, that extra weight means more traction.

And your friend with the manual '97 Maxima, he was spinning for ...5 seconds? Was he planning on burning his clutch out? Or does he not know how to drive? And his line "Wow bro I thought this car was slow and heavy, but you just blew me away." Worst line ever written in the history of the internet. Gimme a break Bro.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

i dunno, seems like BS. if u were to beat a 4th gen 5 speed maxima(which is 1100 lbs lighter than your 4,000 lb lexus) it'd be by inches not bus lenghts.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #4
gamelovers11223
AF Newbie

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that an automatic Maxima with 4 passengers would spin it's wheels from a hard launch. Four people is a lot of extra weight, that extra weight means more traction.
I do understand that and still he was spinning hard (I could smell it). As I understand he floored it from the start (I had front drive cars and know that if you have decent power, and floor it from dig, you'll spin very hard). I launched with gas pedal half way and then floored it. In first gear I was pulling not hard at all but as soon as 2nd gear kicked in I pulled hard.

Quote:
And your friend with the manual '97 Maxima, he was spinning for ...5 seconds? Was he planning on burning his clutch out? Or does he not know how to drive? And his line "Wow bro I thought this car was slow and heavy, but you just blew me away." Worst line ever written in the history of the internet. Gimme a break Bro.
He's 18 and he still drives stupid. Already changed his tranny twice. Oh well, what can I tell you - it will all be gone as he grows up.

Quote:
i dunno, seems like BS. if u were to beat a 4th gen 5 speed maxima(which is 1100 lbs lighter than your 4,000 lb lexus) it'd be by inches not bus lenghts.
Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. I will arrange another race but this time with a camera in my friends hands.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

If you can get it on film and up on Youtube, that'd be cool by me. Videos are much better proof than typing it up.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelovers11223
I do understand that and still he was spinning hard (I could smell it).
As you described it, you jumped him by 1/2 a car, then you pulled 3 lengths by 65mph. You smelled his tires burning while he was behind you and you were pulling away? Your races defy physics dude, any video you post would have to involve CGI.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
gamelovers11223
AF Newbie

Quote:
As you described it, you jumped him by 1/2 a car, then you pulled 3 lengths by 65mph. You smelled his tires burning while he was behind you and you were pulling away? Your races defy physics dude, any video you post would have to involve CGI.
I smelled it on the second try when I gave him a head start.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing