Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
MclarenF1
AF Regular

Please read...

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop this note and ask ya'll to look at a comparison between my car and a Ford Probe GTS in the car comparisons forum. We have a large sum of money riding on this, and just thought I would see what everyone's input is before we do this tomorrow night (March 17). Hope I haven't made a huge mistake! Otherwise, I guess I'll go ahead and buy those headers I've been wanting Thanks!

MclarenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

You have a slight edge on the Probe, but only a 1/10sec.
So as I see it this race well depend on drivers. Is the Probe Automatic or standard? I suggest you remove your riders seat, rear carpet , spare tire, jack, any stero equipment boxes, any extra weight. Get rid of anything you won't need for the race. Run the fuel out and only use enough to race and that's it. If you want to make a extra 20+HP remove the fan just for the race (4 bolts). Weight and driver is going to be very important here, plus $400.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
MclarenF1
AF Regular

I WON! If you want, you can check out the specifics of what happened in the car comparison forum.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions- I really appreciate the input. We set up pretty tight rules for the race, and we were both genuinely interested to see how the cars compared in street trim. I took your nearly empty tank suggestion, and removed my sub, spare tire, and jack as well. If I removed my passenger seat, I'm sure he would have protested. As for the fan, it is a pretty good drive out to the terminal, and if my friend saw me removing it on the spot, I'm sure he would have protested that, too. Once again, thank you so much for the info.

MclarenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #4
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

Re: Please read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MclarenF1
I WON! If you want, you can check out the specifics of what happened in the car comparison forum.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions- I really appreciate the input. We set up pretty tight rules for the race, and we were both genuinely interested to see how the cars compared in street trim. I took your nearly empty tank suggestion, and removed my sub, spare tire, and jack as well. If I removed my passenger seat, I'm sure he would have protested. As for the fan, it is a pretty good drive out to the terminal, and if my friend saw me removing it on the spot, I'm sure he would have protested that, too. Once again, thank you so much for the info.
Congradulations,...where the hell is the car comparison forum?
Bdetore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Now get a set of headers, and install a electric fan and you'll gain 40+HP. After you save some money get a set of light weight seats and shave some more time. For every 100lbs you remove you gain 1/10 second. So 40+HP plus a few hundred lbs and you have 1 second to your favor.
Good win.....
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 03:58 AM   #6
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT

yah where is the car comparison forum at?

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #7
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Please read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTrEmEDrIfT
yah where is the car comparison forum at?
go to "cars in general" on the main forum page, then go down to "car comparison"
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:05 PM   #8
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the directions. I found the thread and read the beginning through end. Good job. All in all, I think the Nissan is just a better made car. A little more power and a little more finesse. Just hope your bar tab wasn't too high,...
Bdetore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:09 PM   #9
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT

sweet congrast on the win....

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:39 AM   #10
RB25DETZ
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RB25DETZ
Thumbs up

wow that's awsome. reminds me of this time i raced a civic he stood no chance and i whiped is honda ass all over the road. after about 85mph and a clear win i let off cuz the light was red. he kept speeding and slamped on his brakes for the light. saying he thought i had him but he took me in the end. I wanted to slap him. but i jsut riped off the GT-R tag he had on his civic. it felt liek the right thing to do.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)