Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #16
dingobait
AF Regular

Re: Shaking & Slipping in front when braking?

It most definitely isn't the front wheel bearings.

I replaced inner and outer with new yesterday. They were worn, but not excessively, and they didn't cure this problem.

I've been thinking about checking and replacing them for a while given the high-mileage on them, and it gave me an opportunity to see if there was anything else that could be identified visually.

I believe I may have this figured out. I have a new theory that fits right in with the speed issue I outlined in previous posts.

I'll be performing that experiment over this coming work-week, and if it's successful, then I'll replace the components that are likely causing this issue.

Last edited by dingobait; 09-14-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: clarification
dingobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #17
dingobait
AF Regular

Re: Shaking & Slipping in front when braking?

Fixed. I had a problem on the front, and on the rear.

It seemed like it was switching back and forth between the front and the rear, but what was occurring was that the intermittent shaking at the front was so much stronger than the vibration at the rear, that the rear could only be felt when the front didn't occur.

Front end fix - wheel bearings, caliper bolts, ceramic pads
Rear end fix - new drums (284K miles on them and had been turned once) and new shoes.

It had NOTHING to do with the ABS although the frequency of the vibration sure seemed like the ABS had to be involved (creeping to a stop and a high frequency vibration right before a complete stop). I had all sensors disconnected (2 front and 1 rear), and the 60 amp fuse was pulled as well.

Mine has been fixed for quite a while now. Never even a hint of either issue. Best of luck to the rest of you.
dingobait is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU