Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
tune1552
AF Newbie

How do you like your Daewoo.....

I purchased a Chevy Aveo and then found out that its a Daewoo in Chevy clothing........I dont have a problem with it, seems like a good little car. But I just wonder what other owners of Daewoo's think of the brand. Can those of you that have had one for a while let me know what you think of it. How many miles should I expect to get out of it if I take good care of it and change the oil and all that......

Thanks everybody, Mike
tune1552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
Gregpaul49
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Gregpaul49
Re: How do you like your Daewoo.....

When i first drove the Daewoo Lanos version of this car in 2000, I discovered that it was fun to drive fast in an area without traffic because of the short wheelbase. Later, when driving it in heave traffic, I felt that it was under powered and noisy compared to some other cars.
Chevrolet did a great job of making the car cosmetically attractive. A friend that rented one for a week had no complaints. One owner told me that the engine seems durable. If the acceleration is quick enough for you, and the engine noise does not bother you, I believe that you will be happy with the car.
Gregpaul49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
andyjohn
AF Newbie

I had in 2006 an Daewoo Cielo (Nexia) and i used until now and with some changes at the engine i am very proud with my car
andyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
papo1955
AF Newbie

I have a 1998 Daewoo Lanos SX manual tranmission, since dec 1997, I really love this car, ecomonic, trouble free, fun to drive etc. During all this time I only had problem with the fuel pump (easy fixed). Still running great after almost 11 years. Excellent car.
papo1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
Palalat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papo1955
I have a 1998 Daewoo Lanos SX manual tranmission, since dec 1997, I really love this car, ecomonic, trouble free, fun to drive etc. During all this time I only had problem with the fuel pump (easy fixed). Still running great after almost 11 years. Excellent car.

I also own a 1998 Daewoo Lanos SX manual transmission. So far if really a good car.
Palalat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
gob 455
AF Newbie

I owned a 01 Daewoo Lanos sport and then sold it to my sister-in-law. It has 120,000 on it now and she dosen't,t take very good care of it. The timing belt tensioner broke @ 52,000 and bent all the exhaust valves, the A/C is inop now also. But the way she takes care of it it's amazing it runs at all. So they must not be to bad.
gob 455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Samiparker
Banned

One things I dont like above daewoo in general is the braking to mass ratio, the cars are heavy while the braking system is weak.
Samiparker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > General Discussion