Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > XL-7
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
Cara_Bella
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Cara_Bella
ajust bought a xl 7

hey i just bought a used xl7 and it just dawned on me that it didnt come with the keyless entry. Did they come on the 2001 and if so where can i get a new one?
Cara_Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:32 AM   #2
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: ajust bought a xl 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_Bella
hey i just bought a used xl7 and it just dawned on me that it didnt come with the keyless entry. Did they come on the 2001 and if so where can i get a new one?
I believe that all XL7s came with keyless entry. The unfortunate thing is that in 2001 and 2002 the keyless entry module was not reprogramable. Therefore, if the remotes went bad, you had to replace it with new remotes along with a new module. The module is under the dash. You can look at it and see if it's been replaced before. If it has, more than likely it has been replaced with a module that is programable. It wills say programable on it if it has been replaced. If it hasn't, I would recommend buying an aftermarket alarm system. The Suzuki module with remotes lists at $226.62. For about the same price you can get an aftermarket alarm.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:05 PM   #3
mazdatech
AF Enthusiast

Re: ajust bought a xl 7

I have the new updated programmable set still in the box if you are in need.?.? comes with two remotes and a new brian works on all Xl-7 GV's
mazdatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
islandzman
AF Newbie

i need accessory for xl7 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsonoma1999
I believe that all XL7s came with keyless entry. The unfortunate thing is that in 2001 and 2002 the keyless entry module was not reprogramable. Therefore, if the remotes went bad, you had to replace it with new remotes along with a new module. The module is under the dash. You can look at it and see if it's been replaced before. If it has, more than likely it has been replaced with a module that is programable. It wills say programable on it if it has been replaced. If it hasn't, I would recommend buying an aftermarket alarm system. The Suzuki module with remotes lists at $226.62. For about the same price you can get an aftermarket alarm.
I saw your message to the lady wanting the key less entry thing and i like the way you wrote. Im just trying to find that front guard that covers the whole frront of the xl7. the on that fits over the bomber. Please help.
if you have any sugestions email me at islandzman@netzero.com or glenn.esprit@us.army.mil
thank you
islandzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
tjallen29
AF Newbie

Re: I just bought a xl 7

I also have a XL-7 (a 2006) that I just bought that came without a key fob. Is it safe to assume that keyless entry was standard for all 2006 XL-7's?

Thanks for the help.
tjallen29 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > XL-7