Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
Patch97236
AF Newbie

1988 Saab 900s Turbo

We have a 1988 Saab 900s Turbo, which we drove for a while and worked perfectly fine, but then we let it sit in the garage for a while and when we tryed to drive it again it wouldn't go into first or reverse gear. We changed the pump that connects directly to the clutch pedal, and now we're trying to figure out what the promblem could be other than the clutch itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Patch97236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
mbunakeith
AF Regular

Re: 1988 Saab 900s Turbo

that is a very common issue with those. my 91 does the same thing. you might try changing the transmission fliud. it seems to help mine for a while.
i have heard that some people use a high performance oil, but i cant think of the name of it right now. i use BG multi-gear concentrate in mine. if oil change doesnt fix it (you probably have a leak too) you may need to take it in to the shop. people that really know how to rebuild those tranny's are getting scarce.
mbunakeith is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900