Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

How/When did you get into street racing

[color=black][font=arial] So all you guys talk about racing and kills and stuff. Well im only 14 but i can drive a standard yet don't have even a permit! But I was wondering how you guys got into and when you got into and if you guys r the " big guy " in town. Also if you want add some stories.
xXx=BioHazard=xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Re: How/When did you get into street racing

I got into it because I was already way obsessed with organized forms of racing(NASCAR, F1, you name it) so it only seemed logical for me to do something that I loved to watch...I'm not the biggest fish in my pond, but everyone definitely knows who I am(referred to as "the kid with the maxima")because I have the only maxima in town that races, and compared to everyone else, I'm pretty quick(goes to show you just how small the scene is in my town), so I have a fair bit of clout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

Yea, I live in a small redneck town. so on w friday or staurday you see TONS of trucks most mudded up from mudding. But if you know the right people you can go where they are going to race and see some races. They rnt the best out there but we have some nice cars.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
dampachi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi

When I was about 10 years old. My father, brother, and mother were driving to my cousins house. It was a friday night..so we normally weren't out then because my mom worked friday nights..but she was off that night. So we were driving to my cousins house. When my father pointed out a trans am and a mustang and they were racing. Then he exclaimed "now that Z28 is gettin' in on it!" And I was just watching...but I was so excited. It made my heart beat really fast and I was like..in awe. Everything just made it so appealing. And still today when I see/am involved in a race..I still get those exciting feelings. It's what keeps me doing it. But I really got into later when I got a learners permit. I liked accelerating. Not really going 80mph+..I just liked flooring it and feeling the acceleration. And one day...I was in our 93 dodge intrepid ES..which had some sort of suspension problem that made it so easy to spin out in. So when I learned it would squeal wheels obnoxiously loud...I'd drive around looking for sports cars to do that by. Just to see them get on it. And I remember one of my first races in that car was against an early 90s prelude. It was a really close race and I was so excited and thrilled..I was hooked. And that kind of sums it up. The end.
dampachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

That's cool. I've seen a couple races upclose but i remmeber what really got me into it. One day after gymnastics practice my dad came to pick me up in my aunt's
1996 mitsubishi eclipse gt-s and i didn't think much of it until we got on the main street and he stops in the middle of the road because he saw a camaro be hind us coming once it passes us he floors it and in 3rd we fly past him( it was a convertible so the top was down) and then that night he told me about his street racing stuff. But i loved the feeling of the air going past me at 100 mph and the feel of the acceleration.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I have always been into racing since I got my go-kart. That was when I was six. Ever since then, everything I have driven, I have attempted to max out.haha So it just hasn't stopped yet.

I believe anyone will race as it is the human drive to compete. IF you like going fast, and someone else does as well, a race is inevitable.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

In all honesty, after seeing the Fast and the Furious...I wanted to do that, to have a hot looking fast ass car. Not drive under trucks or anything, but to race nad have a fast car and what not.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #8
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

How do you guys add the stuff under ur post? 'cause I wanna add some stuff but i just got this today but have been reading for a couple weeks now.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:37 PM   #9
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

"post reply" "post quick reply" or "edit/delete"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:38 PM   #10
noctorum
AF Regular

It's in your profile options, click on the signature option.
noctorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #11
noctorum
AF Regular

And for me it's about the whole culture of it. It's a great bonding thing, its fun to do, and its rewarding to see that increase in your 1/4.
noctorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:51 PM   #12
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

Yea the culture here is good most are good friends. And most are highschoolers.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #13
dampachi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi

Honestly the culture has never appealed to me. I can hang out for about 20 minutes. And then I want to race/cruise around. Unless it's a good conversation about cars...but man I hate listening to some guy bitch about his problems. Especially when I'm only talking to him because I raced him/wanna race him. The culture isn't what I'm in it for..I don't need friends. I need a good thrill. But that doesn't mean I'd never be friends with someone from street racing and stuff. I've met some really cool people racing/hanging out at meets. It's just..not what I look for. But if I find it..hell that's cool too. Ya' know?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:21 PM   #14
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: How/When did you get into street racing

LoL yea I would prolly be like that if i was 16+ but all i have is the culture cause i can't drive!
Old 02-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #15
dampachi
Banned

Understood.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing