Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 03:36 PM   #1
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Shows & Paint Jobs...

Hey guys, I've always been wondering this, do most of the show cars when they repaint there car, repaint EVERYTHING? I am talking about pulling carpet, pulling dash, pulling door panels,everything. And if you went to a show that had been repainted a different color, but from what you could "see" it looked like everything was painted, but then if you pulled the carpet you could see the old color. At shows do they actually pull up the carpet to check? I know its sounds insane, but I have read insane things about car audio shows(you have to have wires attatched to the (so they don't move around) body every 4(I know its close to that) inches. I can't remember which show it was for, but I know it is true. Thanks inadvance! Silverbolt would really like your opinion on this too(since you have actual experience with shows )

Have to post this...hehe

I know you are protective about it....but this pic has been around a lot but maybe not as just as that girl in the pink
Old 02-26-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Silverbolt
Exterior Guy

Send a message via AIM to Silverbolt
Nah, I'm not all that protective of my car anymore. Since that car show, its all good now

As for painting, its usually the body, door jams, and engine bay. Under the carpent and behind dashes and panels dont count. They dont check. Maybe in some different kinds of shows like car audio shows, but not normal car shows.

"The only stupid question, is the question not asked."
Silverbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 04:59 PM   #3
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Hey thanks a lot man, thats what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Cant wait to see your ride this summer
Old 02-26-2002, 05:10 PM   #4
s2Ksol
AF Enthusiast

I would say that a small percentage of people would have the entire car stripped completely down to just the frame and then repaint every inch of the car a different color.

More common repainting is exterior, door jams, trunk, engine bay, etc. that would be seen. Areas like behind interior pieces like carpet, etc. that can't be seen wouldn't be painted.

Another common repaint is like above, but leaving the engine bay the factory color. It cost more money to have the engine taken out and the bay repainted.

It all depends on how much they want to spend and how many times they will repaint the car for a new show season.

I have never seen any judge lift up carpet or any area that might not be painted. They look for more details in the paint job itself, like if the engine was taken out for the engine bay for the repaint, drips, scratches, chips, if the other color can be seen,
overall quality of the paint, clean, polished, waxed, etc.

Blair 95 VTEC
s2Ksol is offline   Reply With Quote