Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
View Poll Results: Do you like the new design of the 3-Series
Yes 8 24.24%
No 3 9.09%
It's ok 5 15.15%
I like the older 3-series better 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #16
colin93 325is
AF Newbie

Re: New BMW 3-series design

finally_retired, I am glad that you are finally retired because if you weren't, you would still be a wart on the ass of progress in the workforce. Maybe you should go back to school now that you have the time and learn to spell and use words correctly. Bimmerman 333's comment was diligent. His statement that the feces he left floating in a toilet resembled the looks of the new 3-series was well thought out and showed careful planning. You also misspelled civilised, oppinion, opps, and somthing. The correct spellings are civilized, opinion, oops, and something. By the way, the new 3-series does look like s#@!, and I only responded hastily because I think finally_retired is an asshole.
colin93 325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:13 AM   #17
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

Well you can put my spelling mistakes down to dyslexia. It has however not prevented me from doing exactly what I wanted to do. I employed a workforce of 480 people, and consistently increased the turnover of my business by a minimum of 8% in all but 2 years of the 44 years that I was there. I left the business turning over a 5 year running average of 16.5 million GBP. Not a bad achievement for an "ass wart".
With all the extra time I have got (because, of course, you would know what I do with all of my time) I think I'll go and aimlessly insult somebody as well as copying my posts into a word document and spell checking them so as not to offend somebody a pathetic as you.

Just a point that I'd like to make in addition to that. Is it purely coincidental that you and "bimmerman 333" both joined AF within days of each other, and both drive 1993 BMW 325's?

I don’t mind people saying that the 3 series looks dreadful, it’s an opinion. But there ways of putting it without being so vulgar. I for one don't really want to know what goes on in Bimmerman's bathroom. If he feels it necessary to inspect his FAECES (not feces, hypocrite!) and liken it to a car, then so be it. He should tell a doctor though. Not me.

Last edited by finally_retired; 09-10-2004 at 08:47 AM.
finally_retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #18
colin93 325is
AF Newbie

it is feces, not faces or whatever you put. i would never have put you in a management position with 480 people under you, oh and were you talking about the gross domestic product output of your company, or the gross bulls#@! product. what is GBP, GDP? by the way, i have no clue who bimmerman 333 is.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #19
colin93 325is
AF Newbie

i forgot that i should explain that the context i used feces was not plural, notice the word "the" in front of feces.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:01 PM   #20
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

GBP = Great British Pounds. You know, Stirling. The "£". That little thing. And I used a copy of the concise Oxford English Dictionary. So unless its another word butchered by the USA's take on the English language, them I'm correct.

And It’s also pretty evident that you wouldn't put me in charge of a company and its 480 employees, as you drive a '93 BMW 3 series. WOW! May be if you'd put me in charge, (although I suspect you weren’t on the planet when I took to the helm of my business) you may be driving something a little better, faster and newer.

Now I've had quite enough of littering this thread with petty insults. This is supposed to be about the new 3 series.

Mason_RSX, You got to admit, that even though its not to all tastes, Bangal has got some serious balls to produce a design like that...
Old 09-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #21
colin93 325is
AF Newbie

you're right, i also have a 2002 M Roadster, Cessna 421 aircraft that I fly myself, and as for sticking to the subject of BMW cars, I don;t like the design of any of the new BMW's and just happen to like my '93 enough to hang on to it as an every day driver because it is a great car and runs as good as it did the day I got it. This is a 3-Series forum, and you are right I know nothing about Great Britain except that we kicked their ass twice.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #22
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by finally_retired
Now I've had quite enough of littering this thread with petty insults. This is supposed to be about the new 3 series.
Congratulations on the Cessna. I am however much more partial to BA's First class.

I wasn't as naive to think that all Americans bring up wars that happened years ago whenever they are faced with a loosing battle. I thought that sort of behaviour was just restricted to your childish style of politics.

You my friend have just made me think otherwise. You really can't see past the end of your noses. Now as I have already said once, (and I don’t particularly like repeating myself) can we please resume with the intended topic?
Old 09-11-2004, 11:46 AM   #23
topoffTT
AF Newbie

Ok, ok! As hilarious as it may be, watching the razor sharp toungue of a brit oblitorate poor little Colin, finally retired is right. We should get on with it.

I for one can't stand the new 3 series. nor the 7!!! The 5 and the Z4 r quite sexy, but I'm reconin that they r gonna loose out on a shed loada sales with this new version.

PS. I'm an Americam, and don't worry, I speak for many of us when I say I think that this presidential battle stinks, and I also don't talk out my ass about somethin that went on b4 i was born like some folk will.
topoffTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:34 PM   #24
jnelson
AF Newbie

Alkins: so how are you modifying you 91 civic?
Sperduti: Well im putting in my intake, headers, performance catalytic converter, performance exhaust, and a full body kit
Alkins: So that'll put you at what? 125 horsepower

Alkins, man you r so funny. I thought the same thing.
jnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #25
jnelson
AF Newbie

I don't like it at all. At first I thought it was a ford taurus.
jnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:56 PM   #26
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

I've got the same general complaints as everyone else with this car, don't like the front lights much, really dont like the rear lights, this car's styling is inferior to the E46 and the E36. Then again I think I said exactly the same thing about the E60, and thats grown on me. So I wouldn't be supprised if the same happened with this car. Its not that bad, but its no E46 (my favorite road car that isnt a 911 or over $100,000). I like the engines. BMW seems to always pull more power out of thier engines without increasing displacement or sc/tc-ing, and no company seems to do it as well as they do. As long as it drives like the previous 3-Series, I will respect this car.

My questions are what the curb weight is, and what happened to all the controls on the steering wheel in the 1st interior picture.
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 05:41 AM   #27
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

I think the whole thing about the multi function steering wheel, goes back to that classic BMW philosophy of "you cant have it unless you pay through the nose for it!"

This is where the major concern lies. If you look at the 545, and 645, you can see that some effort has been put into them to make them look a bit special. But on the lower spec cars such as the 630 and 520, that don't come with the option of larger alloys and sport packs, then they start to look a little half-baked.

Now you’ve got to admit it, the 3 series has always been the worst for that. Plastic wheel trims and black bumper inserts should be a no go on an exec car like this.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:38 AM   #28
vyeung
AF Newbie

Not attractive. it reminds me of the car that is also a boat X
vyeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:41 AM   #29
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

Ha. I like that. Do you mean the Gibbs Aquada?
Old 09-14-2004, 02:27 PM   #30
kcap122
AF Enthusiast

unfortunately the back looks like oldsmobile alero.

the front end has grown on me tho, this picture is not an acurate representation of what the front looks like in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt
CLEARCHANNEL rules!!!!!!!, the concert hall i work for is owned by them.
kcap122 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series