Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 06:44 PM   #151
Str8in
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Str8in
Re: girl racers are so hot!!!

The only thing i dont like about girl racers is they really dont do major work. They wont do a engine swap them selves or rebuild a motor, but in the end they get the same amout of credit as the person that does it them selves. I know a few girls that wanna hook up there cars put they dont know what to do i tell em you get what you want n i'll do it, who goin get the props for that?? Not me. Im not sayin that there arent any girls out there that dont do all the stuff guys do but there r a few. and everyone with a v-tec get over yourselves its not the bet engine in the world. Shit im sick n tired of people talkin out their ass vtec this vtec that vtec can beat anything.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:38 PM   #152
unusualcivic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to unusualcivic

you dont like it cause you dont have it

j/k

interior- MOMO seats, Sunpro guages, RCI 4-point harness,

sound system- clarion DXZ825, RF Fanatic P's RF 351S, 1 Eclipse SW6123DVC (currently saving for another)

exterior- satin black in progress
Old 12-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #153
KoRnboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to KoRnboy Send a message via AIM to KoRnboy Send a message via MSN to KoRnboy Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnboy
I love Non-VTEC yeah I don't get as good gas millage but I don't give a damn, my power band is better
Old 12-26-2003, 01:31 AM   #154
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Spectre927

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnboy
I love Non-VTEC yeah I don't get as good gas millage but I don't give a damn, my power band is better
Performance VTEC will give you worse gas mileage, and Im not sure about your powerband statement. But yeah, VTEC isnt that big a deal anymore. you could get an ls like kornboy has; then turbo it(DIY, to save $$$) or for about the same price, get a gsr. If you want props start a shop(you must have the tools) or have them put a decal with your name on it or something... just tell the girls if they get asked to say you did it. Complainin in here wont do anything. BTW, honestly, not trying to be an ass... but who looks at a girl with a nice car and says... "wow, I bet she did all that shit by herself... no help from anyone...." I dont. Not that it doesnt happen, but I've never seen a girl that even gives off the impression of actually doing the work herself. Sorry ladies... I guess I need to get out more.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:35 AM   #155
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

I'm sorry. In the world of "stockness" on honda and acuras under $25,000, VTEC does rule the roads. And one more time, I wasnt trying to sound sexist, because I know there are girls that do stuff themselves, but I need to hear/see that they do it. I dont just look at them and assume, but that goes for most people I see, guy or girl.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:46 AM   #156
girlsrace2
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to girlsrace2 Send a message via Yahoo to girlsrace2
Re: Re: girl racers are so hot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8in
The only thing i dont like about girl racers is they really dont do major work. They wont do a engine swap them selves or rebuild a motor, but in the end they get the same amout of credit as the person that does it themselves.
Well I'm sorry dude but Im one of those girls that does the work. My b/f blew his 1.5 in his crx and me and friend of ours put in the new motor. I also helped lower it, put in the stereo system, took the radiator out when we thought it froze and put it back in...ALL BY MYSELF...

Sorry but when I get dirty b/c of working on a car Im proud of myself!

It girls like me and other girls on this forum that do that work and dont get an credit so dont feel bad!

"Dont feel bad when a girl beats your ass in a race!"

"Objects in the mirror are losing!"

www.cardomain.com/id/mylilrex.....check this lil hot rod out...lol
Old 12-26-2003, 11:15 AM   #157
KoRnboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to KoRnboy Send a message via AIM to KoRnboy Send a message via MSN to KoRnboy Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre927
Performance VTEC will give you worse gas mileage, and Im not sure about your powerband statement. But yeah, VTEC isnt that big a deal anymore. you could get an ls like kornboy has; then turbo it(DIY, to save $$$) or for about the same price, get a gsr. If you want props start a shop(you must have the tools) or have them put a decal with your name on it or something... just tell the girls if they get asked to say you did it. Complainin in here wont do anything. BTW, honestly, not trying to be an ass... but who looks at a girl with a nice car and says... "wow, I bet she did all that shit by herself... no help from anyone...." I dont. Not that it doesnt happen, but I've never seen a girl that even gives off the impression of actually doing the work herself. Sorry ladies... I guess I need to get out more.

I'm actually getting ready to Turbo charge the Integra... but the power band statement, as I understand a non-Vtec of equal HP of a Vtec is quicker because unlike the Vtec you have all the Valves running at once and don't have to wait as long for the HP to increase while RPM's that you do with a Vtec. I did not say Vtec is a performance mod, if anything it's an obstacle, because you have to wait for Vtec to work for you to get full power out of your engine, not MORE power, but the FULL power of your engine, because you are running on 3/4 of the valves? I don't know how many but less than a Non-Vtec is using when not slammed to the floor. Please if I am wrong someone correct me, this is just what I've come to understand the difference being from reading threads here.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:37 PM   #158
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: girl racers are so hot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnboy
I'm actually getting ready to Turbo charge the Integra... but the power band statement, as I understand a non-Vtec of equal HP of a Vtec is quicker because unlike the Vtec you have all the Valves running at once and don't have to wait as long for the HP to increase while RPM's that you do with a Vtec. I did not say Vtec is a performance mod, if anything it's an obstacle, because you have to wait for Vtec to work for you to get full power out of your engine, not MORE power, but the FULL power of your engine, because you are running on 3/4 of the valves? I don't know how many but less than a Non-Vtec is using when not slammed to the floor. Please if I am wrong someone correct me, this is just what I've come to understand the difference being from reading threads here.
Yes, a modded LS which will need 28hp in mods to get 170 hp will be better off than a stock GSR with 170hp and vtec, because you will have more power in the earlier rpms, but VTEC kicks in at about 4600, so if you never leave those RPMs(in a race for example), then it will be equal. The B16 also has a lesser smooth powerband in comparison to the B18c. VTEC is somewhat complicated to explain. Its always using all four valves, but the size, duration and overlap of a cam at say 3000 RPM may not be as efficient at 6000 rpm. So, theres the middle/VTEC lobe, which if you've ever seen one is bigger, and when you hit the rpm which requires a more aggressive cam, the VTEC lobe which is larger, (it uses a pin to open BOTH valves) it lets even more air in and out of the engine which, as we all know equals more HP, but will hurt low end torque which is necessary for getting your car moving. At lower RPMs this aggresive of a cam setting wouldn't be so good for the engine and it would give you a rougher idle and you'd have a pain just driving around town, so it has an optimal lobe for driving, which is probly somewhat similar to the LSs but thats all the LS will have, and then the GSR has a more aggressive cam which is set more for performance, but is limited by emissions. Thats why aftermarket cams on any car will help out a lot, and just putting CTR or ITR cams in a GSR will boost performance by about 8-12 hp if adjusted with a dyno.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:43 PM   #159
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Actually there is a vtec made for economy and does only use 3/4 valves, its e-vtec i think. BUt its older and found on cars like the civic HX made for good gas mileage. Its no way performance oriented, but made for good gas mileage. Your LS will have more torque in those higher RPMs, but the GSR has another 1000 rpm, so after you've shifted, its still goin. I think itd be a drivers race. Personally Id like to see that.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:59 PM   #160
darkerdayz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to darkerdayz Send a message via MSN to darkerdayz Send a message via Yahoo to darkerdayz

first off let me state that yes, girl racers are hot. unfortunately for me, i havent found one yet. most of the girls that i know dont even want to talk to you after you have just worked on a car let alone work on it with you. a girl that doesnt mind getting down and dirty with me under the hood of my or any car is in my book. and for some of the guys out there that think that girls are just about show, check out Girlie Girl Racing. in CT, their car club had the fastest cars. thats the kind of girl i want. and i would think that most guys that are into cars would like that too cause when you start to drop $$$$$ into your cars, you dont have to worry about your girl getting upset and thinking that you are wasting money. they would understand you.

maybe one day i'll find a girl that is into cars and i'll race her and then speak to her, but until that day, the search is on.

Old 12-27-2003, 09:13 PM   #161
HondaIntegraXSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to HondaIntegraXSI

My girl did a head job on me and my car and both are pumping strong,lol.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #162
kilpatty43
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to kilpatty43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8in
The only thing i dont like about girl racers is they really dont do major work. They wont do a engine swap them selves or rebuild a motor, but in the end they get the same amout of credit as the person that does it them selves. I know a few girls that wanna hook up there cars put they dont know what to do i tell em you get what you want n i'll do it, who goin get the props for that?? Not me. Im not sayin that there arent any girls out there that dont do all the stuff guys do but there r a few. .
i do all the work on my car and i work on other cars all the time. i am currently rebuilding a crx engine w/a friend and overhauling his moms vette.
i agree with girlsrace2-the dirtier i get the better when it comes to my car. if you walk away from a car clean then you werent working on it.
as far as this whole thread goes...guys here in ga dont like chick racers / car chicks. not any that i have found anyways. i guess they're intimidated. who knows.

Corvette~The only sports car that matters
Old 01-02-2004, 03:49 PM   #163
KoRnboy
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: girl racers are so hot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilpatty43
i do all the work on my car and i work on other cars all the time. i am currently rebuilding a crx engine w/a friend and overhauling his moms vette.
i agree with girlsrace2-the dirtier i get the better when it comes to my car. if you walk away from a car clean then you werent working on it.
as far as this whole thread goes...guys here in ga dont like chick racers / car chicks. not any that i have found anyways. i guess they're intimidated. who knows.

I'm from GA and I like chicks that can work on thier own cars
Old 01-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #164
jacer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to jacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkShadow
Oh boy, tis true when you say theyre just trying to prove something. I go to an auto tech school and whenever we work on cars theres this chick that acts like an effin know it all telling everyone to get away and that were doing it wrong. Then when someone tells her to STFU or dont listen to her shes like "Its just because Im a girl, huh?" The dumb bitch hasnt even changed her oil in 100k
Chicks like that deserve a bitch slap

I dont know man, I guess Im a chauvinist, but I really feel that women shouldnt be racing or hell even working on cars. One excuse is if some chick messes up my car I wont be able to beat the shit out of her
Besides some gals are too pretty to be racing and trying to show off
your an idiot dk shadow all these girls could smoke your dumb ass. my girl car would smoke your lil ass beaitch
Old 01-21-2004, 06:57 AM   #165
Masta
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Masta Send a message via AIM to Masta

yep, i like the girlie racers! lol CT Represent :P

DREAMWORKS

Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/id/importscrx