Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 11:08 AM   #16
bedheadfred
AF Newbie

...just a continuation of my efforts to get BMW to respond and take action:

(the below represents my documentation of my contact with BMW. I have called, emailed, and written letters prior to these dates, but finally decided that it was important to document my efforts)

Called customer service 10/22, 10/25, 11/16, 11/20
Emailed customer service 10/24, 10/31
Wrote letters through PlanetFeedback.com:
10/25, 10/31,

I also recently called on:

11/26

12/3

12/4

I spoke to someone at customer service who said that BMW was willing to look at my car, but no one has called me back to take action. I am still waiting...
bedheadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 02:03 AM   #17
pikachu
AF Newbie

Angry I understand

I agree with you.

My friend drives the same car as you do. Her car is literally falling apart. Her bumper is coming off. Her passenger window won¡¦t roll up all the way. Her driver side door sometimes can¡¦t shut tightly. There are definitely more, but I can¡¦t remember. It¡¦s her first BMW and will be her last.

Sorry to hear about your car. You should think about complaining to BMWNA although that can be useless. Think about getting a Mercedez for your next car. For the same prize, Mercedez treats you like a King.

I don¡¦t own a Mercedez, but my boyfriend does. His car costs less than mine because it¡¦s a C series and I drive a 5 series. But every time he takes his car in, he is the KING. As for me, I don¡¦t get that treatment at all.
pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #18
Technodrome
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Technodrome
This is BS!!!!! These guys are completely liars!!!!!! Just jealous BMW non-owners!!!

BTW: my brother and mom own 323ci….Guess what no problems at all!!!!
Technodrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 03:17 PM   #19
bounty330ci
AF Newbie

Hey Technodrome
When you get a BMW ya can talk ya rassclot little boy. i have a 2001 330ci and don't get me wrong i love my car but there have been some little pain in the ass problems(see previous posts). Between my cousin and i we have driven a Honda, an Acura, Benz, a lexus, and an Audi. Of all of them BMW has some of the worst customer servive people in the business not to be confused with there service department those guys are cool as sh!t. When my lease is up in a year I intend to get an M3 because I am more then willing to put up with little problems because to me they are just temporary. Again i love my car because it looks badass and hauls ass...despite the problems.
P.S. BMW has yet to replace my flat
bounty330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 05:32 PM   #20
Technodrome
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Technodrome
Hey bounty330ci
I don't lease cars I own them.... I've been driving BMW since 1986 and my family driving and owning BMWs since 1972...

Current I drive 2002 330 ci coupe Black (Hamann Motorsport styling)
I also owned:
Audi S4 1998-2002
BMW M3 97" 1996-1998
BMW 328 is 1995-1996
1993-1995 VW Corrado G60
BMW 318is 1992-1993
BMW 1989-1992 M3 (Euro-Alpine)
1985-1989 BMW 325is

You are such a newbie to me!!!!!!

Get you BMW at you local dealer!!!!!!!
Technodrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 10:30 AM   #21
bounty330ci
AF Newbie

Hey tech i am not here to flame with you. you started this sh!t saying people were lying. I don't own because I can completely write off up as many cars as I want per year leasing and I like get a new car almost every year straggering the leases. Gov't gets nosy when you try to write off a 50 thousand dollar car you bought. The only thing I own are houses and condos. I apologize for any insults I dont like being called a liar. i like this forum so dont call people liars just because you have had a plesant experience with your cars. I have had my clutch/flywheel replaced and a bunch of other little things the dealer has replaced everything but the flat tire. To me this not a major problem Next time I'll just go down to Miami and get that M I been wanting. take my girl to the clubs on southbeach and chill on the beach ya feel me! Tech I have seen your other posts you seem cool as f!ck so no worries. so, drink some 30year old scotch or smoke some :bandit: however you get down peace
Old 12-28-2001, 10:35 AM   #22
bounty330ci
AF Newbie

P.S. I am no newbie my family is from jamaica the land of skylines, lancers and stis those are the cars my brothers drive in races at the track at dover. Next time you go on vacation you have got to go to jamaica sweet races and a tropical paradise what more can a person whant from life. cool
Old 01-03-2002, 06:21 PM   #23
ALEXANDER
AF Newbie

I have had problems too!

Until now I had to replace the thermostat, and my passenger door doesn´t open with the battery key, only manually!
And my floorcarpet on the driver side (is the standard carpet) has worn out!. Before I bought the 323Ci I had a 318i-99. The problems with that car were: The drivers heat seat mechanism didn´t work properly and the door didn´t close easily! Finally an irritating noise from the plastic surounding the instruments(kilometers, temperature etc).
I had to go all the way to the boss of the Bmw dealer I have bought
the car and forced him to take the whole thing apart and fix the problem! I love my car but sometimes i wonder wy BMW have these small but irritating quality problems! When you buy such an expensive car you demand superior quality in every detail! Don´t they test their cars properly? Don´t they have high quality demands on the producers that produce the different parts of their car?
ALEXANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 04:01 PM   #24
bedheadfred
AF Newbie

Hi Alexander,

I totally agree. It seems that BMW doesn't spend much time on the details, which is a shame because they get most everything else right.

But still their customer service is miserable. I finally got a call from my dealership regarding my problems (but BMW Customer Service has yet to call me back per my countless requests). The service manager said he had to check with BMW to see if he could examine my car "for no reason." Unfortunately, that means more waiting...

I will continue calling and writing with the hope that one day they will take finally take some kind of action.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:03 AM   #25
tmr
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tmr
I'm considering buying a 325i or used 323i for my wife this Spring. I have had German cars in the past (911's, etc.) and had similar experiences. I've bought Japanese without any major problems and considering going that way again. I like the 3-series, but don't know if I can get used to crappy service again! Any advice?
tmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:07 PM   #26
bedheadfred
AF Newbie

Hi tmr,

Another front headlight bulb went out in my car the other day (that makes a total of 5 burned out in 1 year's time in addition to numerous more serious problems). I spoke to the service manager who has not be very helpful in this matter. I am convinced that this is either a product or service issue (what else could it be?), but he is not convinced and seems to think its bad luck.

Given my poor experience with both BMW's product and customer service, I would highly recommend another car. My previous 95 vw golf and 87 acura integra were entirely trouble free and I never even had to replace a single lightbulb. My family has owned over 5 hondas/acuras and they have all been trouble free.

I think the 3 series is a good car, but unless you are willing to deal with a lot of potential problems (my car has 22,000 miles), I would recommend another option.

I would be happy to tell you more about all the problems I've had if you have any specific questions. Good Luck.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series