Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69
Unhappy Marker light will not shut off!! Help! :(

My wife has a 2011 Kia Sorento EX and tonight the turn signal stopped working for the left side. When you put the left turn signal on, it will blink once and that is it. Right side works fine. So when she got home and shut the vehicle off. The front left parking light stayed on. I think the blinker maybe on also because it seems a bit brighter than normal. I hit the remote to lock the doors and all the blinkers will flash but that one front left one. I had to remove the light this evening because if i didn't it will kill the battery. Anybody have any info on this issue?
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
2003 Grand AM GT - official beater car for the winter lol
----------------------------------------------------
95 TSI AWD 13.732@98.396mph (T-25)
Now fully Modded engine with 3,560 miles on it.SOLD
Talon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:18 AM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: Marker light will not shut off!! Help! :(

I would try unplugging the flasher unit if this stops the bleed I would replace. Other try removing the hazard relay. If this stops the bleed replace.
You can use a DVOM set to milliamp scale. With the ground disconnected measure draw as each fuse is pulled. Any draw above 35 milliamps will drain a battery. When fuse is found use a wiring diagram and one item at a time until problem is found. This is the way I found a bad ETACS unit on my vehicle.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Old 12-04-2016, 08:07 AM   #4
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor View Post
Interesting link... Can you confirm it comes with the authentic electrical diagrams? THere are similar offers on the web at various prices, from this one up to 79$....just curious to known if they all the same .
And, rhandwor, which model do you have ? I have a 2015 2.4 GDI.

Update: well, at 15$, it was a low risk...so I have it.
Main problem is there is no table of contents...
...correction, there is one, in the bookmarks button on the left of the pdf document.

Last edited by LMP; 12-04-2016 at 01:19 PM.
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69

Quote:
I would try unplugging the flasher unit if this stops the bleed I would replace. Other try removing the hazard relay. If this stops the bleed replace.
You can use a DVOM set to milliamp scale. With the ground disconnected measure draw as each fuse is pulled. Any draw above 35 milliamps will drain a battery. When fuse is found use a wiring diagram and one item at a time until problem is found. This is the way I found a bad ETACS unit on my vehicle.
i will try the flashers as soon as i can locate them. They seem like they are below the steering column some where? Also this morning i took the bulb out and the blinker will blink super fast, at least she has a blinker for the rear and mirror now. I turn the 4 way flashers on and the left side will blink normal except the front of course. So then i turn the 4 way off put the light back in the front and it stays on but the rest of the left side will blink now, strange. I had to take the bulb back out tho because it still just stays on when you shut the vehicle off. I have read that similar issues and them people had the IPM replaced and the problem went away. Boy i hope that is not my issue.
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #6
LMP
AF Enthusiast

ETACS! IPM! .....AHH, long gone good old time of hard wiring....
Old 12-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #7
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Interesting link... Can you confirm it comes with the authentic electrical diagrams? THere are similar offers on the web at various prices, from this one up to 79$....just curious to known if they all the same .
And, rhandwor, which model do you have ? I have a 2015 2.4 GDI.

Update: well, at 15$, it was a low risk...so I have it.
Main problem is there is no table of contents...
...correction, there is one, in the bookmarks button on the left of the pdf document.
I purchased one for my 2006 a few years ago and it had wiring diagrams. That's the only I found my wiring problem. This has to be downloaded so you need a decent web service.
Kia used to provide a manual on line. I think it was downloaded from this service. Some UK Kia's are Diesel I would ask if it covers gas engines. Mine also is hard to use but contains needed information.
I have a 2006 Kia Sorento.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #8
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Use google
Ask where is flasher unit located on a 2011 kia sorento.
It shows a picture which it looks like pulling the instrument panel.
This is not as hard as it sounds.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 AM   #9
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I purchased one for my 2006 a few years ago and it had wiring diagrams. That's the only I found my wiring problem. This has to be downloaded so you need a decent web service.
Kia used to provide a manual on line. I think it was downloaded from this service. Some UK Kia's are Diesel I would ask if it covers gas engines. Mine also is hard to use but contains needed information.
I have a 2006 Kia Sorento.
INdeed I had a 2000 Sportage and for some time the manual was available to be seen online free from KIA and I did copy the pages I needed but 2 years ago they decided to stop free access and ask for a fee....like 14$ for a day up to 1800$ annually ...like they wanted only those who could make money from it to be willing to buy the service.
SO I have downloaded the manual from the site you suggested. What I see more than anythig is EVERYTHING goes through a computer , wipers, flashers, etc.....leaving very little room for innovation and shortcuts, that I was used to with hard wiring of yesteryears...
My main concern (at this time) is I wanted to be able to disable ABS in certain cases, which is totally inefficient in snow conditions , as experimented by a lot in snow countries. Was easy before, but with all of that going through irritable computer , not sure if it would generate a condition that would have to be cleared by the KIA dealer...something I would not want....anyway, still learning with my new car...not bad so far!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #10
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

Did some more testing, it is the turn signal staying on constant when the vehicle is off, everything been checked, switched a few things. Everything is leaning towards the IPM. I really think that is the issue.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:17 AM   #11
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

I noticed on another forum weak ground at front lamp. Another one disconnected battery sprayed every crevice with electrical contact
cleaner. waited 1/2 hour before connecting battery.
Check where harness goes thru firewall.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento