Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:06 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

fortuna yamaha m1(melandri(plain))

hi guys,

i've tried to complete the camel '06 usgp version but unfortunately i'm having fitting problem on the nose & the side fairings. this is giving me uneccessary stress. so, i decided to build something different that is fortuna m1 '04 plain version. i did the spiderman version but it's not too good in the end as sms decals so easily joined up when it's out of the decal sheet & also i've lost my composure.

anyway, here is the photo of the engine attached to the frame & the air box attached to the frame in different angles.

also i decided to put cf on the air box where it's viewable upon completion. here are the photos of the cf parts on the airbox.

on the 2nd & the 4th photo, the cf was quite loose that is when my finger touches the decal, it slids off position & gets stuck on my finger. when i put it back, it wouldn't stick anymore. so, i stripped them & replace them with the new ones. luckilly, i still have the template otherwise i would have thrown away.

well, i have to stop at this part for the time being as i didn't have the drill for the on board cams which are included in the front fork set.

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
evasus
AF Newbie

Re: fortuna yamaha m1(melandri(plain))

good job adrian, do you remember honda pons´03 decals?
evasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
ace91
AF Regular

gracias.

si, yo recuerdo the pics that you've asked for pero the photos that i took that time wasn't clear & mis amigos didn't have any scanner.

i guess i have to go to the shop & scan it so that i can email it to you.

adrian
Old 04-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #4
SeaBee
AF Regular

Adrian, just a quick note on your first post. The SMS Spidey decals are actually very good. They don't have ANY clear inbetween the strands of webbing, thus reducing silvering. But it does mean that it does not keep any shape. You have to be very patient and remember that the decals behave that way - you can spread it out very easily if you work slow and treat it like a web.

Good job on this one, though!
SeaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
ace91
AF Regular

thanks,

no doubt that sms spidey decal is good & i admit that i've lost my composure when i started doing the honeycomb part & lost all of my patience in making that spidey bike ever since.

anyway, i thought of making another one for the better instead of the normal fortuna design but i decided i make the normal design first before thinking of making another spidey bike.

adrian
Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
evasus
AF Newbie

thanks adrian
evasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
ace91
AF Regular

hi guys,

here are the photos of the naked bike in different angles.

the only setback i had is the masking tape really is s***s!!! i still can see the excess of the silver line on the red parts.

i'll be painting the fairings & the nose cowl silver tomorrow.

adrian
Old 04-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #8
ace91
AF Regular

hi again,

here are the photos of the completed model in different angles.

the fortuna logo that i used is tabu design. the company gives another good set of decals. no problems when using that.

i'm gonna have a break from modelling for a week or 2 or even 3. by then, i think i'll have the new generation rcv t/kit from s27 in my waiting table, waiting to be built.

adrian
Old 04-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #9
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Fortuna always have nice liveries in my opinion. This is no different. Seems you have some nasty bleeds on the right side. Try and give the masking some extra time and work the masking tape down with a tooth pick. I know you will get better results! Front wheel detailing and the side cowling decals looks great!
/JOel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes