Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Other Motorsports
Other Motorsports DTM, BTCC, V8 Supercars, etc.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 04:41 PM   #1
WYLDHorses
AF Newbie

DTM/German SuperTouring

Hmmm...has anybody heard of DTM? It's like German NASCAR...only with genuine CARS...original body panels, chassis construction, etc. Engine choices are limited to anything within the brand manufacture...4,6,8,12, etc. For example, if we followed the philosophy in our own NASCAR, we would drive...
Mercury Marauder with two front seats, stripped out interior, full rollcage, independent suspension front and rear, 6.8L modular V-10 (DOHC, 4 valve of course), six-speed sequential shift gearbox, 18 inch centerlock racing wheels, massive Brembo brakes, ground effects, underbody tray, Touring Car type spoiler....it boggles the mind, doesn't it?
WYLDHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Umm, have you looked at the architecture of an Opel/Vauxhall Astra? They're very front drive (even Ecotec powered) and you've got to admit that there's a bit of a stretch in saying that this....

equals this...

Not that it's a bad series at all. Heck, DTM offers up some of the best door to door road course action in the world. But, in truth, it's more the German version of the modern Trans-Am than the German NASCAR.

Now, the European Touring Car Championship, which is largely BMW/Alfa Romeo dominated, is more of the German NASCAR.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:28 AM   #3
Bunta
AF Regular

Re: DTM/German SuperTouring

The new bilstein calandars have rockin DTM photos.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:47 AM   #4
ales
Forza Schumacher

I think you'll find that DTM is limited to V8 front engine rwd layout, and very little is left of the original cars. BTCC cars have more relation to the road-going equivalets, but even there the cars are different. Of course there was a production class in BTCC last year, but it's scraped for this season.

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #5
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: DTM/German SuperTouring

DTM kicks ass but I never see it cause I live in the US there for all we c is nascrap. 500 laps around a circle is not entertainment its torture.
If it is on in the US when and what fu&*in channel!!!
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:12 PM   #6
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Umm, Speed Channel airs DTM amongst many other racing series in the off season. During the racing season, they cover Formula One, Speed World Challenge, World Rally Championship, American Le Mans Series, Toyota Atlantic, Formula 3000, Grand American Road Racing Association, SCCA Pro Rally, as well as many minor league oval circuits including ARCA/Remax, American Speed Association, USAR Hooters Pro Cup, USAC Silver Crown/Sprints/Midgets, and Xtreme Dirt Car Series.

Alongside of that, they have news programs, call in talk shows, how to shows, lifestyle shows, industry shows, historical documentaries (including the awe and jealousy inspiring Victory by Design series) vintage racing footage and coverage of automotive events like the Barret-Jackson Classic Car Auction and most major auto shows.

Dude, get cable.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:19 PM   #7
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
Umm, Speed Channel airs DTM amongst many other racing series in the off season. During the racing season, they cover Formula One, Speed World Challenge, World Rally Championship, American Le Mans Series, Toyota Atlantic, Formula 3000, Grand American Road Racing Association, SCCA Pro Rally, as well as many minor league oval circuits including ARCA/Remax, American Speed Association, USAR Hooters Pro Cup, USAC Silver Crown/Sprints/Midgets, and Xtreme Dirt Car Series.

Alongside of that, they have news programs, call in talk shows, how to shows, lifestyle shows, industry shows, historical documentaries (including the awe and jealousy inspiring Victory by Design series) vintage racing footage and coverage of automotive events like the Barret-Jackson Classic Car Auction and most major auto shows.

Dude, get cable.
usually I'm watchn other stuff but f1 is on lets c 2wice a monthalms in virtually never on f3 and champ car virtually never on also ask for the rest they suck if u ask me. oh yea scca rocks too. barret jackson is boring.funk masta flex is where its @.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
pol37
AF Newbie

Where can I watch it in the U.S. - I'm form Germany and I immigrated here. DTM is really cool and is very popular in Europe - I have cable and I coudn't find anything - that is really sad, I love DTM and its a lot action - I don't agree that it is like NASCAR, its more like superGT http://www.dtm.de/
pol37 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Other Motorsports