Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

gauloises yamaha m1 '05(late version)

hi guys,

i started the work on the m1 a few days ago. due to work i wasn't able to do as much as i'm tired & didn't have any mood & also weather isn't suitable for spray work.

anyway, i would like your opinion on my cf work as i've started on the cf work quite of late. the photo below is just a cf placed on the frame. i know that the cf should be whole but since i'm not skillful in putting on the whole thing, i only could place part of it.

i may face a potential problem when i reach to the stage of doing the paint on the visor. since msm creation does not provide the decal for the visor but they provide the masking for it. i'm not sure if i would leave a smudge on the visor or not if i spray paint on it. would it leave a smudge on the visor if i spray ts-51 on it?

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #2
ace91
AF Regular

Re: gauloises yamaha m1 '05(late version)

never mind about the visor, at least it came up all right but the only let down is i didn't fully mask the behind area of the visor. so, the rear paint could be seen if you look at it closely.

i'll be working on the front part & the wirings. i may be able to finish it by tonite as i don't work on sundays & today is such a hot weather, i mean scorching weather which is so perfect for spray work.

adrian
Old 02-25-2007, 01:32 AM   #3
ace91
AF Regular

hi again,

i've just placed the stroke sensor on the bike. i'm sure that you all know that it's top studio & i heard that they should've done more on the instruction sheet. i definitely agree on that. i also have the electronic circuits from top studio but the only problem is, i don't know the exact colour & the exact location to place the electronic circuits.

here is the pic of the stroke sensor.

adrian
Old 02-25-2007, 03:06 AM   #4
The Sheene Machine
AF Enthusiast

Try here for a downloadable instruction sheet for the wiring - http://topstudiohobby.com/
The Sheene Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
ace91
AF Regular

paul, i've downloaded it but since i'm in near completion, i don't think i'll return to do the electronics set. probably i'll try it on the valencia set.

so far it's all ok but (caps)where are the 2 lines for the tail near the frame(/caps). i thought i already placed somewhere but i can't find it. it's nearly complete except for the 2 lines. i'll show the completed photos when i get the 2 lines from mc set.

adrian
Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 AM   #6
ace91
AF Regular

hi guys,

i've gotten the mc version of the decal & finally i've finished the bike. here are the pics of the completed bike in different angles.

majority of the decals i've used are msm creation & tamiya decals set for the bottom cowl. msm creation since that's the 2nd one i've used, i can say that it's good & fits well except for the word 'yamaha' under 'the doctor' logo as it comes from a different sheet & the set-up is different compare to the other decals. if you look at it closely, you can see the excess of the edges. it's like a piece of sticker to me when i did that part.

currently, i'm making the m1 valencia version with rossi's no on it.

adrian
Old 03-08-2007, 07:42 AM   #7
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

May I ask how much time you spend on modeling Adrian? You tend to spit out models faster than I can have a chance to sit down for one painting session ;-)
I like the livery and it seems as you've done a great job with the kit. Why don't you try and get a larger piece of paper in some color and use that as a background when taking pictures of your bikes? That'll bring the details out more as there is no build desk in the back ground to steal attention and focus will be better on the bike. I must say you do real good when taking pics of the kits with indoor lighting but this tip will probably do them even better.
/Joel
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
ace91
AF Regular

thanks joel,

well since my ps2 is gonna be down for 2 weeks cause the fella who normally does the repair is out of the country for some vacation. so, i got time to build the bike.

i'm thinking of building the early version but this time i'll put edwards' no. on it but i haven't prepared anything yet as i have some kits waiting for me to build. probably after the valencia bike, i would build the repsol '06 dani pedrosa's version while waiting for s27 hayden's valencia version to be out of the market so that i can get one. i was thinking of building both dani & hayden's version at the same time till i saw the thread about the repsol '06 along with the pics made me want to take the t/kit to complete the realism.

i'm kinda wondering, since tamiya only made repsol '06 just for dani, do you think that they would do the same on the upcoming gresini's team(if there really is which i guess could be may or june)?

adrian
Old 03-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
The Sheene Machine
AF Enthusiast

Nice effort on the bike. You might want to highlight with silver/chrome paint, the various fasteners and boltheads on the frame, swingarm and fairing parts to add some more detail on the Valencia bike.

Re the Gresini bike - I think Tamiya will avoid the 06 version because of the Tabacco link - I think Studio 27 have decals listed for release later this year on their website.
The Sheene Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes