Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 05:07 PM   #16
gigatron
Banned

I want this petition! Where's the url?

The new BMWs SUCK ASS!!!!!!!

Bimmers should be like in the old days.. E30 (late 80s 3 series), E31 (early 90s 8xx series), the amazing 6 series! DAMN IT.. Where has BMW gone wrong? BMWs don't look like BMWs anymore!
gigatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:28 AM   #17
donmbmw
AF Newbie

It grows on you

Reading this post reminds me of me reading Rondel magazine. It seems that there is a hard core group of beemerphiles who think that the design of the bmw should have stopped with the 2002. Personally I thought the 7 series was beautiful except for the bulging trunk lid, then the whole design just sort of grew on me and the car looks fabulous to me now. The photos of the new 5 series are gorgeous. I have only seen one spy shot of the upcomming 3 series. Anyone have links to more spy shots?
donmbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:22 AM   #18
BMWTECH
AF Regular

Not to step on toes but whoever started this thread and whoever wants this guy dead???? needs to wake up and realize that times change and cars change and people change. Everyone is entitled to their oppinion but you want someone dead?? or fired? Wake up and smell the coffee dude. The seven series was designed (body) by a team in an art institute in Cali. I hope you don't think that One Guy can design a car by himself. It takes a team and feed back from people to change designs. People wanted a new fresh look and they got it. If you don't like the new designs of these cars, thats fine, just realize that some people like fresh new ideas for these vehicles. The whole new lineup of BMW's take a little to get used to, but if you had the pleasure to work on these cars you would realize what they are made of. Just my .02
BMWTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 08:15 AM   #19
Celsdogg
AF Regular

hey now, dont pick on he guy that started the thread. . . because you also have a petition with iver 4000 names on it that feel the same way. i think the petition would also go to bmw and let them know how some of us feel about the new designs too, not only to get him fired. also, i dont want him dead. . . i am sure none of us do.

also, i would like to say once more, its still a bimmer on the inside, no one complains about that, its just some of the way things look. . .
2008 Toyota Sienna LE

Retired:
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1990 Volkswagen Jetta GL
1991 BMW E30 325i
2001 Honda Odyssey EX
Celsdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:12 AM   #20
BMWTECH
AF Regular

Hey Cels, not picking on the guy who started the thread entirely, just stating that it isn't just one guy that designs these cars. The petition for him to be fired is in my eyes kinda dumb. You have to realize, if you do one thing wrong in your job in a customers eyes, would you want to get fired because of it. Generally speaking the car is an awesome car, inside and out. It takes some getting used to at first, but once you realize the thought process behind the vehicles design, it all makes sense. I have been to school on the new 7's and the concept and technology behind these vehicles floors me.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:09 AM   #21
Celsdogg
AF Regular

BMWTECH:

of course it still has BMW innovation and technology! its stil a great car, but i hear things about the iDrive.

are you a mechanic? it seems from your expertise and s/n that you are a certified bmw mechanic. is that true? where do work here in md?

ever since i got my E30 i have this slight urge to want to be a bimmer mechanic. i mean just leave my web development job for it, but i dont think i have the guts to do it. . .
2008 Toyota Sienna LE

Retired:
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1990 Volkswagen Jetta GL
1991 BMW E30 325i
2001 Honda Odyssey EX
Celsdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #22
BMWTECH
AF Regular

hey cels. Yes I am a BMW Technician. I prefer not to say where I work. The iDrive system is a complex tool that once you get to know is as easy as driving the car. A push of a button and moving it a certain way gets a different control of the car. Its alot better looking and less clutterd this way with a bunch of buttons and knobs that would be hard to find and figure out. Just new innovations, thats all.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:56 AM   #23
Grande
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWTECH
The seven series was designed (body) by a team in an art institute in Cali. I hope you don't think that One Guy can design a car by himself
Where they working as a team though. It looks like each guy worked on a different section of the car without checking each others work, and then they bangled it together.

BMW can't depend on brand loyal customers alone.
I was waiting to finish college to get a new one, but not if they look like that!
Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:32 AM   #24
blke36bimmer
AF Newbie

As to the new 6...

Just say some shots of the new 6 and I think that anyone who thinks it is anything but pure BMW is crazy... It is awesome. It even looks fast standing still. have any doubts?? check out DTMpower.net, they have some pics... and if this is a result of CHris Bangle's design... well, keep up the GREAT work!!!
All it replaces is the lack of God. It doesn't comfort man.
On the contrary, it encourages him in his folly,
it transports him to the supreme regions where he is master of his own destiny....
I think I'll have another shot...."
blke36bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series