Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 05:01 PM   #61
Yazza
AF Newbie

Wake up? Me? The Mclaren u say? i admit the diablo vt isnt available any more but i meant the Diablo GT, which is still available from lamorghini, either to regular customers or more popularly to race teams around the world, as far as the Mclaren goes, theres not even a question about it still being in production, the last one rolled out in 1998 was it and i think that was an LM? thus making it unable to be the fastest PRODUCTION car. Like i stated before the MClaren is the fastest production car ever as recognised by the guinness book of world records but if you wanna go that far back just go back a few more years and youll see the Duaer can make the MClaren look slow, cmon we all know the Mclaren was the best, and the LM probably still is the ultimate road going car but it aint in production no longer, get over it, the MClarens time is over. And before you post again remember i said PRODUCTION, define how the Mclaren is still in production if you want to argue your point again.
Yazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 05:05 PM   #62
Yazza
AF Newbie

o, and about your point on what a production car is even if its still not being produced, just look at the records and how they changed, the diablo was king in the early 90's then the xj220 then as soon as this was stopped by jag the diablo went back on top only to be surpassed again, by the mclaren i think it was. Since the diablo has been in contant production over the last ten or so years it has always scooped up the title as soon as the one off supercars such as the xj220 dissapeared.
Yazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:32 AM   #63
farbod
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to farbod Send a message via Yahoo to farbod
very true well said so the f1 isnt the fastest production car at the moment
farbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:01 PM   #64
McLaren F1 Guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 Guy
There are no Diablos in production! Any kind of Diablo! Only the Murcielago, Murcielago Barchetta and Gallardo are being made by Lamborghini! I would find it very strange if the Diablo is in production, because it started production in 1991 and it would not be profitable after 12 years. I don't see how the Diablo can be out of production and the F1 can be out of production but the Diablo is still somehow considered a production car. Oh, and how fast does the Diablo GT even go? Also, keep in mind that there are some other very fast cars in production, such as the Enzo with a 218 mph top speed and the Saleen S7 with 223 mph top speed.

There's no power greater than / / / M
McLaren F1 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 08:54 PM   #65
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

We must await the statistics of a recently released Lamborghini R-GT, which will spawn the GT model...

And right now, Lamborghini is only producing the Murcielago and Gallardo. Late 2004 will bring the Barchetta and probably the Murcielago GT and maybe even a Gallardo roadster...

My Webshots
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #66
farbod
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to farbod Send a message via Yahoo to farbod
Wink

well none of them are the fastest production car
farbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:03 PM   #67
Carrera GT
AF Newbie

Although I like it the Dauer 962 can hardly be considered a production car. It was a Le Mans car and Dauer converted one to road use which had a top speed of 237mp. Still, great car
Old 11-02-2003, 06:41 PM   #68
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

But not nearly the fastest, Carrera... The fastest is, or will be when it is officialy released, the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. O-60 in 2.9 and top speed of over 250 MPH. Price estamated at 1.2 MILLION dollars.

My Webshots
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:17 AM   #69
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

There is actually a limited handful of 962's , not just one, although there are too few to be production, it is a 'Limited production'
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #70
Carrera GT
AF Newbie

Re: Fastest Production Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPeRcAr_MaN
But not nearly the fastest, Carrera... The fastest is, or will be when it is officialy released, the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. O-60 in 2.9 and top speed of over 250 MPH. Price estamated at 1.2 MILLION dollars.
I never said it was the fastest but doesn't matter. Now what they need to do is get a Veyron and a Koenigsegg CC and take them to the same track where the F1 reached 242mph and see if they can top it...
And out of interest how many cars have to be made for it to qualify as a production car?
Old 11-19-2003, 07:42 AM   #71
IAmCAM
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to IAmCAM

I just want to be the one to point out that the Koenigsegg has done a top speed test, but they could not push it because it started raining. So it only did 220+ in the rain. The Koenigsegg is a production car, although, by what people are saying now, I think it qualifies as a limited production car, with only under a dozen built so far. Based on the stats, with a lower coefficient of drag, and higher horsepower than the F1, it should take the title if it makes a qualifying run before the Veyron comes out. The Veyron should be the fastest.

On a side note, I just like the Koenigsegg better at this point. It's quick as hell, everything is adjustable, and it's not just a speed competitor. It does 1.3Gs in the skid pad, which is INSANE for a car on street tires. It's basically a do all. I love the car. Can't wait to get one, either by lottery or making a come up in a few years.

*edit* I just realized that my title is AF newbie, and I've been signed up with AF for like a year
Old 11-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #72
jettadriver00
AF Newbie

the dodge tomahawk has a estimated top speed of 300 mph, it also has a viper engine, but the speed is estimated because no one is willing to actually test it out. did anyone read that the bugatti veyron has 1200 h.p. but they have to de-tune it for america, and 1000 for the rest of the world, one last thing no one said anything about the ferrari enzo that hits 60 in about 3.2 seconds and the saleen s7 that does it in about 3.4 seconds. i'd still rather have the mclaren f1, only 100 ever made
jettadriver00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:32 PM   #73
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
The McLaren F1 will always be the Holy Grail of cars in my eyes. Faster then all hell, room for you and 2 passengers, very comfortable, looks amazing, very streetable, comes with friggin fitted luggage and...like...titanium tools or something. It's the best of all worlds.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:16 PM   #74
mattman890
AF Newbie

the bugatti is the fastest producion car. It is mass produced. The mclaren only goes 242mph, the bugatti goes 262mph.
mattman890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:18 PM   #75
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
It's obviously not official or it would be in the Guiness book.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote