Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

annoying biker habits.... own up boys (and girl)

Since Steel has vented on his dislike of waving when he's busy, I was thinking more about things i find annoying about riders behaviour.

don't take offence at any of these but please own up and post your own dislikes.

1) scooters who lane split. these guys can't beat traffic so don't push in.
the other day i was in my ute. a 3liter turbo diesel, so slow and with a 3 second reaction time from foot down to any movemment. a scooter came up and could not get in front of me. i let him in and he then couldn't do the speed limit. GRRRRRRR

2)learners who lane split. (see a pattern here?) see above. I had to laugh at a learner on a Ninja 250. pissing down rain and he lane split. lights go green and he drops the clutch. schoolboy error from the newbie. the back wheel spins up and he loses it into a car. i know it's bad to laugh at someone who's hurt but he was dumb.

3)dudes who have to be in front. driving a ute mostly through the day, i get people who HAVE to be in front of me despite of what speed i'm doing. i hate bikes that do it. if a car does it i have no problem tailgating. (i'm 2 tonne and have a bullbar) i can't do it to a bike. my conscience gets the better of me. fair enough bikes may want to be in front so they have better visibilty but at least don't go slower than me.

that's it for now
Old 12-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Re: annoying biker habits.... own up boys (and girl)

When I drove big trucks a lot of motorcyclists had a bad habit of approaching me from directly behind on the highway (I can't see you back there once you're less than about 1/8 mile behind me)...then when I put a signal on and start to move left to pass traffic, they suddenly bolt into the left lane from behind me, challenging me for that lane....

Let see...weight differential....my truck 80,000 lbs loaded...your bike with you on it maybe 800 lbs max if you're on a big cruiser.....that's 100 times heavier than you. I'd never even feel you getting recycled through my tandems....

Don't play games with big trucks....please.

I used to hate when bikes lingered next to me when passing too...not for myself so much as the possibilites...if I blow a tire, it'd cut a motorcyclist next to me in half...there's 115 psi with a tremendous load on those tires, when they go it's like a grenade going off...

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Steel
AF Fanatic

Hmm. About the only annoying habit (side from waving) I've seen from other riders is always women riders:

They're always going the wrong way (opposite of me that is!)

But I do draft trucks when I'm on the highway, though i don't try to beat them out of their lane or anything. Meh. And i split cars on the highway too if i feel like going fast and they feel like trying to slow me down. Yeah i guess I'm an *offensive* rider... defensive will get me killed by some stupid asshole.
I don't generally split lanes in the city unless its a stupefyingly hot and humid day and my bike keeps bouncing off 230*F (100-something C) as soon as i stop. I need to get going asap.

Oh, and cruisers going 10mph UNDER the posted limit. That irks me. Luckily most of them are smart enough to pull to the right and let me pass. Or not. I pass them anyway. One guy on a harley thought I was trying to race him or something as i passed, so he tried to keep up. THEN I opened my throttle all the way
Old 12-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

In Michigan it is illegal to lane split, and considering the way people drive here, I'm glad.

Stupid squids that ride like they think they're Miguel DuHamel but are dressed like they're going surfing (especially while wearing a $1000 Carbon Fiber helmet) piss me off. Flip flops and Bermuda shorts have NO place on any bike!!!! I guess they'll look good in their coffin.

Anyone that knocks any brand or type of bike (other than good natured kidding) that they don't ride also piss me off. Our hobby allows us to choose from a wide variety of styles to ride. I ride a Harley, because that's how I want to ride. I think my bike is absolutely gorgeous, and there's no better sound to my ear than a well tuned Harley with a good set of pipes (note I said good not loud!). I also appreciate a nice sport bike, it's attributes, and the abilities it takes to ride one well, , but it's not for me anymore. SHUT UP and RIDE!!!!

Finally, riders that give our hobby a black eye. Drunk idiots, wheelying Squids, obnoxiously loud cruisers, etc... I'm sure everyone here could add to this list

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes