Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
99quadcab
AF Newbie

radio and acc stays on

At first I noticed my radio staying on 99 Dodge Quad 4X4. Thinking it was the ignition switch I ordered another one. While in the process of replacing it I unplugged the ignition switch (both plugs) and the radio stayed on. Thinking the problem could be in the radio I pulled it out and the ACC is still on because the blinkers still work with the ignition turned off. So then I started pulling fuses. When I pull the IOD fuse the problem goes away but no power feeds the radio clock or dome lights or ignition light. So I put the IOD fuse back in and pulled other fuses until I pulled the seatbelt fuse which seems to fix the problem. For now I'm leaving the seat belt fuse out. I would like to find out what is the real problem though. I've already unplugged the plugs under the seat with the fuse in and that doesn't solve the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
99quadcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:38 AM   #2
whoamioitsme
AF Newbie

Re: radio and acc stays on

we are going thru the same stuff Quad check this 1 out with the key off doors closed all fuses in AND GOOD i pushed in the lighter (smelled circits burn )Thought O SHIT !!NOT GOOD I KNOW Then everything worked fine !!! figure that 1 but anly for a little bit when i opened the door it popped the seat belt fuse this 1 is leading me in 2 directions bad grounds or bad timer delay mod ??I am looking for some good wiring diagrams so far no luck any leads to them would be a great help
Good luck if I find it befor u do i will let u know please do the same
whoamioitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
99quadcab
AF Newbie

lighter

Hey whoami

I found the same thing when I put the lighter on my radio would go off and when the lighter finished it would come back on. I've also tried to find a complete set of schematics and have had no luck.
99quadcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
whoamioitsme
AF Newbie

Hey there we go Quad dat auta help it is still lookin to me as our central timer mod or as some call it the body controm mod . We b gettin there
heading to the junction block thinkin it is lettin the power flow thru may b melted a bit ? I will let u know

Last edited by whoamioitsme; 01-17-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
whoamioitsme
AF Newbie

got a fix . I parked my girl in a heated garage over night so i could find this problem an install a remote start an alarm . And wouldn't you know it the grounding problem was gone go figure but the bad thing is I know it will come back .So just build yourself a nice big shop heat it and your all good If it has to b put in a garage Y the hell would i need a remote start anyway as i can see it i washed my baby the day it all started at 1 of those places with the under truck washers thats when it all started will still have to fix it but we know it is a wiring problem not a junction block or central time or the radio just a bad wire some where an it seems to me that it would be outside (just a geuss for now )
please let me know what you find out I'll share with you please share with me
Old 02-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #6
whoamioitsme
AF Newbie

seems more of us are having this problem will start a new post so we all can use the same 1

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10