Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
ains
AF Newbie

Blown front speaker '99 GMC Sierra Classic

I have a 99 GMC Sierra Classic so most parts are 98. One of the front speakers are blown. Not sure if its dash or door. I don't need a total system upgrade but want to upgrade at least the front speakers. Factory system and I don't want to run amps but I do want it to sound good when I turn it up loud and want to be able to install the speakers myself. Can someone tell me the location and size of factory speakers in my truck. And also the replacement options without needing an amp. Thank you!!
Hoping to surprise hubby for Father's Day. He's not into music/audio like me so it is likely me that blew the speaker to begin with but now even moderately loud music is crap. Hope someone can help!!
Thanks!!
ains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: Blown front speaker '99 GMC Sierra Classic

Sounding good when it is loud will cost money, this is why you blew the factory speakers. Most factory headunits are at full power at half of the number, so like 25 or 30 out of 50. Crutchfield has a lot of good info on what vehicles have what sized speakers and where they are located. I have never owned a Chevy, so I would not have a clue. You might also ask the guys in the Cheverolet forums here, they would know a lot more vehicle specific info.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote