Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
Mason_R1
AF Newbie

No! I don't want to Race!

As a fellow rider I'm sure you guys have maybe dealt with this person from time to time.

As some may know I ride a 2002 Yamaha R1. It's loud, it's fast, and it is a sportbike. Which doesn't mean I will use it as such all of the time. Which leads me to this question....

Why can't I just ride home from work on a Friday night without some motor-tard hauling ass by me blarely missing my mirror by 6"? If you want to race, just honk your horn or give me a quick rev! I don't care how fast you can pass me while I do the speed limit, I want to race people that are mature and know how to handle themselves on a motorcycle. Not someone who has lost their damn mind with a twist of the wrist. I know it is not smart to race on the street but I don't mind some spirited riding on an empty highway. If I feel that it's only my skin at risk and the feeling is right then it's game on...but gimme a break squid!

Makes me want to buy a chopper.... Where's OCC at when I need em?

+ Ride a 2002 Yamaha R1
+ Proud to be in the U.S. Navy
- In Guantanamo Bay, Cuba "GITMO"
+ Proud Gator Fan
Mason_R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Re: No! I don't want to Race!

How many open roads are there in GTMO? I don't remember any highways last time I was there! I assume you're not allowed off base, right?
Anyways, it's the price you get for riding a sport bike! I even get dumbasses thinking they want to race my Ninja 250! LOL! It's the same as if you drove a sports car. Every punk ass kid with a Civic thinks he can out drag a Corvette, and tries, and fails!
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Steel
AF Fanatic

I had a guy on a hardley 883 (he just got it, you could tell) and a guy in a suburban race me. I smoked the 883, but the suburban won.

Won?

Well yeah, I didn't feel the need to prove my dick was bigger by blowing through that red light and killing myself on the truck that was pulling out that the suburban missed by half a cunthair. Oh man i would have been so satisfied if he nailed it.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Mason_R1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy
How many open roads are there in GTMO? I don't remember any highways last time I was there! I assume you're not allowed off base, right?
Anyways, it's the price you get for riding a sport bike! I even get dumbasses thinking they want to race my Ninja 250! LOL! It's the same as if you drove a sports car. Every punk ass kid with a Civic thinks he can out drag a Corvette, and tries, and fails!
When were you in GTMO? What the hell did you do here for fun? I'm losing my mind?

This was more of a thing I had been thinking about for a while and thought I would post.

+ Ride a 2002 Yamaha R1
+ Proud Gator Fan
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_R1
When were you in GTMO? What the hell did you do here for fun? I'm losing my mind?

This was more of a thing I had been thinking about for a while and thought I would post.
Oh, ok, makes sense! Cause I don't remember any roads there where you could drive more than 30-35 or so!

I'm in the Coast Guard, and my 210' cutter pulled in there a couple of times. One time it was for nearly a week as a reefer was down. I spent Thanksgiving of 2000 there. It was the worst Thanksgiving ever! 90 degrees, and a crappy place to be and not many places to go!
Sorry I can't recommend much to do! I don't remember much there to do, as you have said. I do remember chasing down those Banana rat critters with the GVs! That was fun!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

sorry to get back on topic.

how about the guys who will come to race from the lights, you beat to twice the legal speed before backing of to a reasonable pace thinking its over just to find him come screaming past you claiming victory!

when i get kids in their cars trying to race me, i stay in first going just as fast as them. you can see it in their face, "i'm beating a bike"!
when we get close to redline (approx 130kph or 80 mph) I'll let them know "i'm still in first, now watch second" and rip it up away from them! always fun!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #7
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieidiot

how about the guys who will come to race from the lights, you beat to twice the legal speed before backing of to a reasonable pace thinking its over just to find him come screaming past you claiming victory!
That's called the ricer fly-by!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
Mason_R1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieidiot

when i get kids in their cars trying to race me, i stay in first going just as fast as them. you can see it in their face, "i'm beating a bike"!
when we get close to redline (approx 130kph or 80 mph) I'll let them know "i'm still in first, now watch second" and rip it up away from them! always fun!
I think that's pretty fun too. You hear their "souped up" four banger sucking wind and twist the throttle only about 15 degrees and make them realize they have much work to do. I like to tuck behind the windscreen and act like I'm struggling to keep up for added effect and then take off...lol

+ Ride a 2002 Yamaha R1
+ Proud Gator Fan
Old 01-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #9
Mason_R1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
I had a guy on a hardley 883 (he just got it, you could tell) and a guy in a suburban race me. I smoked the 883, but the suburban won.

Won?

Well yeah, I didn't feel the need to prove my dick was bigger by blowing through that red light and killing myself on the truck that was pulling out that the suburban missed by half a cunthair. Oh man i would have been so satisfied if he nailed it.
Yeah sometimes people in SUVs don't look into weight vs power ratios. Not to mention their three ton wrecking ball on wheels is so dangerous at high speeds.

+ Ride a 2002 Yamaha R1
+ Proud Gator Fan

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes