Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
1998malibu
AF Newbie

Unhappy 1998 malibu problems with gas/emissions code

I have a 98 malibu as my screen name implies. When I am stopped a lot of times my car dies, and something even stranger has been occuring recently.
One day I started putting gas into my car and it started bubbling back out and some kind of hazy vapor came out. I got a refund for the small amount of gas that my car wouldn't accept and drove to my house a a few minutes away. When I got there I opened the gas cap just to look and it started bubbling out more gas and the vapor was coming out again.
Another time I went to fill up my tank I noticed a noise coming out of it and that vapor again. I waited for a minute or two and then it stopped and I filled up my tank fine. My check engine light is also on and I got it scanned and it came up with a fuel/emissions code. I have already replaced the cadylidic converter. The only other problem is that my car dies after a moment if I try to use A/C, heat or defrost. Anytime my car dies it always eventually starts back up and usually the first time. Any advice would be appreciated.
1998malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
bcopeland
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1998 malibu problems with gas/emissions code

Seems like the fuel tank vent line is clogged up - charcoal canister? Idling had a fuel pump problem.
bcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu