Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #16
aarons mom
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Honda Accord V6 cylinder misfire

lots of info. thanks. the problem has existed for 2 days, tornados today. My evap/fuel delivery from the cap to the injectors is new. About a month ago I put some blaster on the gasket on the new cap. . New brake lines, new rear crossmember, new flex pipe, resonator, muffler (shop told me I did not need a cat., did not change the o2 sensor). A year ago I had the timing belts and water pump done. They were supposed to do a tune up then. If you do not think it is bad gas then I hope it is EGR related. I had only driven the car for about 1/4 of a mile when this all started. This is the first time I have ever seen the ck. engine light flash. I pulled over, put in some dry gas and scanned it. waited a bit started it up and it ran fine. I did not clear the codes. I will before I try to drive it again. How about an exhaust gasket leak? it acts up cold but when the motor is hot maybe it is tight? Another thing...we have probably just switched to winter mix on the fuel in NY. I did read about the distributor maybe being the problem also. I forgot to add when the cap/ tank/ filler neck/ evap can/ solenoid, lines were done, I did not replace the fuel pump...
aarons mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:24 PM   #17
aarons mom
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Honda Accord V6 cylinder misfire

update as it turns out, dry gas seems to have fixed my problems! Thanks for all of your help!
aarons mom is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!