Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #196
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

well they make both. they have an airbrushm and they have spray gun (for real car)

since it's an airbrush thread, on a modelling forum, that could have been his error (spray gun question should be asked on an other forum)

Yes it's morning, but i'm awake this time
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:07 AM   #197
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB26DETT-GTR
...Man i want a gravity feed airbrush now...
Should have gone with the 360 Universal from Badger then. It has a swivel end that can be bottom feed or top feed as you wish. I love it but it's not Iwata.
Martbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:09 AM   #198
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vric
...an airbrush thread, on a modelling forum, that could have been his error (spray gun question should be asked on an other forum)...
Quite right... never tough of that !!!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:10 AM   #199
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martbee
Quite right... never tough of that !!!
Monday morning ?!!

Old 11-01-2004, 10:19 AM   #200
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Why you little...

nope, I'm not mad, just teasing ya... Quite funny little guy.

Let say I'm all stuffed up with sugar from the Weekend so my brain suffer from it.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #201
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImolaEK

Thanks for the infor Vric,

Today i went by another art store hoping to find the VL 1/4 oz color cup but they didn't have it neither. Im starting to get mad at these people who are supposedly the best art stores and barely have parts! I guess i'll have to order it from some website. If i find one
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
ImolaEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:50 PM   #202
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImolaEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB26DETT-GTR
Thanks for the infor Vric,

Today i went by another art store hoping to find the VL 1/4 oz color cup but they didn't have it neither. Im starting to get mad at these people who are supposedly the best art stores and barely have parts! I guess i'll have to order it from some website. If i find one
Bump!
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
ImolaEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:11 PM   #203
lancer07
AF Regular

does anybody have this airbrush
http://www.airbrushestore.com/prodin...tem=8&mitem=12
if so, is it a pretty good airbrush to buy
info please
Old 11-09-2004, 06:04 AM   #204
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Well, I don't have this exact Airbrush but I have a Badger 350... which is the exact same design than the one you're asking about.

First of all, it's a single action, external mixt Airbrush. Is that what you want ?? There's a lot of info on this in this thread on what is a single action so back to start and read I won't explain again but if you have any more questions, I'll be there to answer.

This partucular kind of Airbrush let you pulverise heavy material... like unthinned paint (or unproper thinned paint) or any high viscosity paint. You can easely spray unthinned Tamiya Acrylics with this and get away with a pretty cool job because it can have a large spray patern if you change the tip to a large tip. There's 3 tip... Fine (it can be pretty fine), Medium and Large (quite large). But if you're too close you'll have running paint because it's a high volume spray.

Downsides are... they aren't Double-action so you don't have all the controls on the airbrush which can be a pain sometime. Double-Action are the best Airbrush around and any Single-Action won't stand a comparaison against them. D-A are versatile and easy to work with, the brain learn to associate the trigger with it's use and you control the parameter of the spray patern and pressure with no stop in the paint process. You can go from a little fine line to a bigger, larger spray just by pulling the trigger. You can't do this with a S-A. You'll have to stop the spraying, turn the tip try, then if the tip is too Fine, you'll have to unscrew this tip and change it for another larger tip... it's quite a pain and it'll lead to cleaning....... Haaaa cleaning.... MAJOR DOWNSIDE .... cleaning the 350 is a real pain. You think the Double-Action with the cup forged to the body is a pain to clean... try cleaning a 350 or any Airbrush with that design.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:21 AM   #205
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
...Double-Action are the best Airbrush around and any Single-Action won't stand a comparaison against them...
Exept maybe some VERY rare occasion that I don't think about right now.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:52 AM   #206
Vric
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Exept maybe some VERY rare occasion that I don't think about right now.
humm, if you want to paint anything beside the body, a dual-action airbrush is a must.
If you want to spray only the body, a single action is fine.

Also external mixt isn't the best. for 46$, it's a very bad buy (I got my Anthem, dual action, internal mixt and full metal, for 51$)
Old 11-09-2004, 10:06 AM   #207
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vric
humm, if you want to paint anything beside the body, a dual-action airbrush is a must.
If you want to spray only the body, a single action is fine.

Also external mixt isn't the best. for 46$, it's a very bad buy (I got my Anthem, dual action, internal mixt and full metal, for 51$)
Couldn't agree more my friend. Anthem for 5$ more is a far better choice !

My bodies are done with D-A... much easier to do retouch and go in those little corner without paint running everywhere !

PS... let's not forget the pain of cleaning the "350 Type" !!! Only this is worth at least 20$ more !
Old 11-09-2004, 04:51 PM   #208
lancer07
AF Regular

Quote:
Well, I don't have this exact Airbrush but I have a Badger 350... which is the exact same design than the one you're asking about.

First of all, it's a single action, external mixt Airbrush. Is that what you want ?? There's a lot of info on this in this thread on what is a single action so back to start and read I won't explain again but if you have any more questions, I'll be there to answer.

This partucular kind of Airbrush let you pulverise heavy material... like unthinned paint (or unproper thinned paint) or any high viscosity paint. You can easely spray unthinned Tamiya Acrylics with this and get away with a pretty cool job because it can have a large spray patern if you change the tip to a large tip. There's 3 tip... Fine (it can be pretty fine), Medium and Large (quite large). But if you're too close you'll have running paint because it's a high volume spray.

Downsides are... they aren't Double-action so you don't have all the controls on the airbrush which can be a pain sometime. Double-Action are the best Airbrush around and any Single-Action won't stand a comparaison against them. D-A are versatile and easy to work with, the brain learn to associate the trigger with it's use and you control the parameter of the spray patern and pressure with no stop in the paint process. You can go from a little fine line to a bigger, larger spray just by pulling the trigger. You can't do this with a S-A. You'll have to stop the spraying, turn the tip try, then if the tip is too Fine, you'll have to unscrew this tip and change it for another larger tip... it's quite a pain and it'll lead to cleaning....... Haaaa cleaning.... MAJOR DOWNSIDE .... cleaning the 350 is a real pain. You think the Double-Action with the cup forged to the body is a pain to clean... try cleaning a 350 or any Airbrush with that design.
thanks for the info
would one of these be better
http://www.airbrushestore.com/prodin...em=11&mitem=35
or this one
http://www.airbrushestore.com/prodin...em=18&mitem=35
Old 11-09-2004, 05:09 PM   #209
Vric
AF Fanatic

Paasche VL/VLS are good. I hate them, but they are good.

if you really want a Paasche airbrush, it's the best you can get. It's difinitly better than the H
Old 11-10-2004, 05:56 AM   #210
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Huuummm, Both seem pretty similar ! The only difference I see is the swivel connector and beside the fact that it's a must... does it really worth 10$us ?? But... they are both Double-Action... you're getting better Lancer07 !!!

Hooo, I see the Single-action prophets burning here...

If you like S-A then wrote and explain yourself... just don't tell me "To shup up" !!