Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
View Poll Results: Please rate this model 1-10 (1 is worst)
1 6 10.34%
2 0 0%
3 1 1.72%
4 6 10.34%
5 8 13.79%
6 9 15.52%
7 7 12.07%
8 8 13.79%
9 9 15.52%
10 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 11:51 PM   #46
circuitR
AF Enthusiast

Re: Completed: 350Z streetDRAGON

You bunch of onpionated idiots, this guy has posted a pic of a car he has built to share with you guys.
OK so he got a bit egotistical about being the best 350, but in his eyes it is, and I say good on him. But there is no reason to cut this dude down on his skills.
In my eyes, model making is an art. It's not about opions or preferences, it's about creation.
So pull your heads in.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:55 AM   #47
Jonno
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jonno
Re: Re: Completed: 350Z streetDRAGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitR
You bunch of onpionated idiots, this guy has posted a pic of a car he has built to share with you guys.
OK so he got a bit egotistical about being the best 350, but in his eyes it is, and I say good on him. But there is no reason to cut this dude down on his skills.
In my eyes, model making is an art. It's not about opions or preferences, it's about creation.
So pull your heads in.
Not trying to sound like an ass, but I think you mean opinionated.

Although I agree with you, but I also think model making is about realism, and replacing the Nissan V6, 287 hp VQ35DE with a V-tec engine would be pretty darn stupid. (No offence to Honda fans).

I guess I am sorry if I do have sounded like an ass in any of my previous posts in this thread, but some people just get on my nerves.

I am still waiting to hear from Artem1985il....

-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Jonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 04:19 PM   #48
circuitR
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Completed: 350Z streetDRAGON

Damn typo.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:44 PM   #49
SchuberT
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Completed: 350Z streetDRAGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno
Although I agree with you, but I also think model making is about realism...
i think it really depends on one's taste... i mean, people build cars that come from cartoons... not too realistc... but you know, you do have a point, and you show something that i think others cant...

some people like to see realistic models, but others don't... for example, p9o1r1sche's sectioned 350z... not quite realistic, at least, it'd be a one of a kind thing in real life... but no one bashes his for being unrealistic...

yes, he did hype the model up a lil bit too much, but who can blame him? it's the best in his eyes and i respect the fact that he has SOME self esteem...

i also agree, though, the vtec decal doesnt quite fit, but what's wrong with that? maybe he doesnt know too much about cars or "rice" (don't hurt me ... i think some people believe that if you build models, you know a lot about cars and engines... i don't know much in the way of engines, and i'm sure i'll make a mistake like that on one of my models...

sorry, if i've blabbered on too much and if i sound like a butt-head, i'm not taking sides either... but don't FLAME someone because of small things like a decal

https://www.facebook.com/KBModelwerks/

Call me Matthew.
SchuberT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 06:53 PM   #50
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

The only way to "put him in his place" is for you to build one yourselves; actions speak louder than words. Please, show some respect for a fellow modeller and move on to something else.
Artem1985il: when you're ready to respond to this thread, PM me and I'll open it up for you
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:09 PM   #51
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

As per the builder's request, thread re-opened. Thanks
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #52
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall

Considering you are a novice to car modeling (which you are, dont take offense), I'd say its turned out pretty good. At times when following your progress and the way you rushed things along, I was expecting it to be alot worse. You certainly bit off more than you can chew but acheived pretty much what you set out to do. The livery is certainly not to my taste but the decals look nicely done and well designed making it a unique model for which you should be praised.

This shouldn't be your last model, you should build on those skills and continue. There's just no point modeling for the sake of doing a couple of models, its a long process.
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #53
ratdat
AF Enthusiast

I usually try to stay out of these things as my opinion can offend sometimes. In this instance, I'm glad I did until now.

During the build-up the constant BS about this being the best 350Z ever and the occasionally shoddy manner in which some tasks were undertaken helped to forge my mind into expecting a complete turd of a model upon completion.

However, although far from perfect, this is a nice model ...one which you can justifiably be proud of. Despite everything, you had the courage to present it here, good or bad, and let the opinions flow forth. And some have been painfully honest, although most have been more restrained than i expected.

Personally I don't favor the colour scheme ...it's a bit Ronald McDonald for my liking and as others have said the wing is a little large but this model is yours..not mine...so who cares. The build faults have been mentioned plenty alreadt so no need for me to go over that again.

All this model lacked was time...if more time was spent the overall quality would have been better... I certainly don't doubt you have the skill ( I know you don't ) For a second model this is very good, especially as it was so very ambitious from the start. I think you can be proud that you did see it through to completion, even though you were under some pressure (admittedly of your own making) and have something worthy to display on your shelf.

Now what I'd like to see is another model from you, only this time do it right from start to finish. Take the time and care to get the details just right and the paint finish perfect. Don't hype it up first. Just do it then suprise everyone

Finished...
ratdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:01 AM   #54
Artem1985il
AF Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone for your comments. The positive ones are pleasant, the others...don't matter - the model is complete, I love it and all my friends like it. About that DOHC VTEC decal - I replaced it with a different one...

As for car modeling in general, I will leave it for now as one of the things I have to sacrifice to go to the university. I have to save every dollar to pay for books and 24k tuition. I would like to pick it up soon though...

Off topic: I just saw The Return of The King - awesome! Go see it all! Last Samurai is great too

Later all
Old 12-18-2003, 03:54 AM   #55
Jonno
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jonno
Would we be able to see some pics with the decal changed? Maybe the little change like that will make some people like it better (since half of us were talking about the decal)

-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Jonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:46 AM   #56
Zturbo
AF Regular

yeah that car is beutiful
Zturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #57
SchuberT
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdat
Despite everything, you had the courage to present it here, good or bad, and let the opinions flow forth. And some have been painfully honest, although most have been more restrained than i expected.
amen... well put... i still think the model is pretty badass... even if it had kept the DOHC sticker...

Call me Matthew.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:29 PM   #58
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

That's cool that you changed the decal. I feel much better knowing it's not rice anyway. BTW, you have NOS stickers, but that doesn't mean the car has to have nitrous by NOS. NOS makes several things, such as EFI kits.
VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
86_SR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:35 PM   #59
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchuberT
amen... well put... i still think the model is pretty badass... even if it had kept the DOHC sticker...
I agree on that, BTW, these cars, are DOHC, but not VTEC.
VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
86_SR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:52 PM   #60
SchuberT
AF Enthusiast

you're right... see, i really DONT know much about cars... hehe

Call me Matthew.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery