Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
jbander
AF Newbie

Break trouble , keeps going to floor

I have a 96 voyager, it has been a great car for the last 10 years I've had it. My brake peddle goes down to the floor, it gives brake but I think barely and my brake light comes on. I have Bled it twice and changed the master cylinder , neither worked, I'm perplexed, my mechanic thinks it is the abs any other thoughts. I would really appreciate any advice you may have.
jbander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Break trouble , keeps going to floor

I assume you have checked the entire system for leaks. If you properly bled the system after the master cylinder replacement, it is possible the there is some internal leakage in the ABS unit causing the pedal fade. Depending on the quality of the master cylinder you used, you may also have a bad part...
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
jbander
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
I assume you have checked the entire system for leaks. If you properly bled the system after the master cylinder replacement, it is possible the there is some internal leakage in the ABS unit causing the pedal fade. Depending on the quality of the master cylinder you used, you may also have a bad part...
******* Thanks much for the response. Well the master cylinder was new just a few months ago and another one was put in didn't change a thing. There is no loss of brake fluid , wouldn't that be totally apparent if there was a leek. I'll ask the mechanic what he thinks about just another bad master cylinder. Thanks any other ideas.
jbander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
RIP
AF -Advisor

They are bleeding the MCs separate from the rest of the system either on a bench or on the van correct?

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RIP For This Useful Post:
jbander (12-15-2012)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
abs , brakes
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager