Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 10:50 PM   #31
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Re: Tell me if it is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrLuVD
My friend said he have seen a Lamborghini Murcielago Colour Black.
And it is not a R-GT.

but the problemn is that, he said it has a V16.
So I said "Nah, your lying~"
then he said "Bro~ I asked the driver"

I do not believe him, but is it true?

And he was also saying that
Murcielago R-GT has a 23 Inch wheels and 19 Inch Brembo brakes.
Is that also true or is he just trying to be a smart ass.

I think he is just lying~~

Tell me you guys...
Lamborghini hasn't made a V-16 engine

Cadillac made the world's first production V-16 engine.

check here

Cadillac V16
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:00 PM   #32
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Re: Re: Tell me if it is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Unleash
only the dumb ass holdens still use iron block push rod!
Holden doesn't use iron block V-8s. They have been using the 400 hp LS2 from the new Corvette for several months in their HSV cars.

http://www.hsv.com.au/index_new.html
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 AM   #33
doodad
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to doodad Send a message via Yahoo to doodad
Re: Re: Tell me if it is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamboholic
It would be pointless aswell. More cilinders would slow the car down. In fact 12cilinders is already to much.

about v16 l agree it cant be true. but man, you sy more cylinder would slow the car down. probably you say that cuz it makes car heavier. but why do you think those stupid ferrari's, lamborgini's engineers put v12 on those cars? cylinder makes car faster. if a stock 8 cylinder car and 4 cylinder car would race, who would win? cylinder means more power man! (l am not talking bout horsepower, l am talking about just cylinders)
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:08 AM   #34
Lamboholic
AF Regular

That's exactly what you would expect, but more cylinders basicaly means more friction inside the engine. There is a best amount of cylinders and the F1 race car engineers found out that a low amount of cilenders can run higher revs. In fact if the FIA didn't found this out on time the new F1 rule in 2006 about the 2,4l v8 engine instead of the 3l v10 would probably increase the power, because the engineers are able to rev their v8 over 22000rpm. Obviously a street legal car won't rev this high or even halfway, but you can build a more efficient, riliable and a higher reving engine just by keeping the amount of cilenders down.
The v12 is obviously good but it's only on the race cars like the maranello 575 Prodrive where they get a decent wheight balance. And that engine is pretty much underneeth the windscreem.
Lamboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:54 AM   #35
Lordbean
AF Newbie

sigh. This thread is real funny. Had to register to join in

You guys should do a little research. Sheesh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V12

The first paragraph in that article should demistify why the v12 engine is so good. Plus the inline 6 is a damn good motor too. (cough, like the one in my z )

also, in production cars v12 engines are usualy oversquared which is good for making high rpm horsepower
Lordbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #36
lincolnmaster80
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Unleash
there is no such thing as a V16, even if they do. they will engineer the car to have the so called "Almost Perfect" balance
I do believe that there is such thing as a V-16...I am most likely mistaken, but I THINK Bugatti sports one. Or is it a W-16?
lincolnmaster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:12 AM   #37
lincolnmaster80
AF Regular

You know what? 'Ghini should just sell out and join Porsche...better yet, HSV! YA RIGHT! Lamborghini would be taken out of my books of sweet supercars and thrown in the trash. V-8's have been proven the best racing engines in the racing world...at least in North America. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, you'll generally see V-8's. Light engine, creation of lots of HP, dam good performance. So let's ad another "Why don't they..." question to the list. Why don't they put a V-8 in it instead? Let's hand over the corporate keys to people who think they can do a better job of creating a UNIQUE car and see how well it does...I know I wouldn't buy one even if I had the money. Fact remains, 'Ghini has done an excellent job of engineering the V-12 to the Car and vice-versa.
lincolnmaster80 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)