Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
vexorg
AF Newbie

K-Break 14 Majesta

Next on the self healing mat is the K-BREAK 14 MAJESTA by Aoshmia, #001547

Lets get this rolling.

The body is in ruff shape and needs a lot of work getting rid of the mold lines. The rear bumper needed some putty a lots of sanding to remove a dent in it.

Having attached all the body parts along with the rear spoiler it got a couple coats of primer.

After a light sanding to make it as smooth as possible for the base coat.

Base coat for this one is going to be charcoal colour of nail polish. Seemed to work great in the past and it is cheap so figure I'd try it again.

After some clear coat and trying to sand it the orange peal was really bad. I think my clear was a bit too thick and did not want to lay down...
vexorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:36 PM   #2
vexorg
AF Newbie

Re: K-Break 14 Majesta

Long time no update but here is a little one.

As seen above the clear coat was not very smooth and sanding it was working very well. I decided to give it another coat but this time i thinned it 1:1 to help it smooth out and that seemed to help and was pretty smooth. Sanding and polishing was pretty strait forward and things were looking pretty good until I had a case of the stupids and walked into my patio door and hooked the rear of the body and broke it

What to do...
Old 12-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
potsie
AF Enthusiast

Oh no! After all that hard work you have to try to fix it, but I suspect that would mean ruining the paint and starting over again. Mind you, many "authentic" drift cars are held together with cable/zip ties....
potsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #4
vexorg
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsie View Post
Oh no! After all that hard work you have to try to fix it, but I suspect that would mean ruining the paint and starting over again. Mind you, many "authentic" drift cars are held together with cable/zip ties....
Haha, your right I never thought about that. Just need to think of a way to make little 'X' shaped zip ties.

What I did decided to do was just glue it back into place and carry on. I'm still working on my modeling skills so I figure since I already messed this one it would give me an opportunity to try a few new things I've not done before.

This inside:

For the wheels the they came out of the box a bit dull but a blast of clear coat made them really pop, bat hard to see from the pics.

The under side was painted with the base base coat used on the body and couple different shades of metal colors used for the drive line and exhaust.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #5
fafnir
AF Regular

Nice work so far.
fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #6
vexorg
AF Newbie

Last update.

Glass in and body on. For the windows I created my own masks and painted the back side. Painted the window surrounds with flat black and used some BFM for the chrome parts.

For the front grill I used thinned Tamiya X1 and used a little paint brush and just let capillary action to flow in the low area's and give it that nice looking grill.

Not sure if I like how the head lights turned out. There is a hole in there and nothing to go in there.

On the back side for the tail lights I painted the back side of the lens with clear red and orange, took quite and few coats to get them dark enough to my liking.

Painted the tips of the exhaust flat black to make it look smokey.

Well that's it for this one. Enjoyed putting this one together, getting better at painting and details. Thanks for looking at my building of this car!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street