Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:17 PM   #46
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thourun
It just seems wierd to me to get an amp for just two regular speakers, what are options for a 4 chanel amp in my price range? Ohh and this may not happen for another month, I just bought a new Y pipe and found out that I owed the bank $100 so I gotta get some more money lol.
They aren't just regular speakers.
They're a GREAT component set for the money. They give you a 6.5 mid-range driver, tweeters, and crossovers. With these type of speakers, a measly 10watts isn't gonna do it. The Profile CL400 amplifier will give each side 100 watts RMS The difference in sound will be night and day! The clearness, coverage of frequencies, and NON-distortion will be a huge step up for you. peace

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:19 PM   #47
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
my accord has the double DIN too .... I have something in mind for it

Poncho ...... a 1/2 DIN would be 1" tall by 7" wide - the standard aftermarket CD player is a single DIN size (2" X 7")

and yes, car stereo can be a VERY expensive hobby. Even a modest system with quality componenets can run over $2000
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #48
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun
Re: Quality 6.5", need help.

Ok I get that the amp is good for the two speakers, but why not get one that will power the rear 6x9s also? What would be a deecent amp for that? Remember I'm no audiophile, I just want great sound quality and moderate amplatude.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 03:59 AM   #49
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

because usually you'll want to hear your "front stage" or your front speakers over the rear speakers

i know that the idea of getting an amp for your speakers sounds rediculous, but think about this, your head unit (yes even the stock one) has an internal amp, all your doing is buying an external amp that puts out about 5-6 times more power, and also less distortion, the power also adds alot of midbass believe it or not

also the top 5 hu makers?? not sure about the top 5 but here are my 5 choices

alpine
eclipse
pioneer
clarion

then the last one would be a tossup between sony/kenwood/panasonic/jvc hah
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #50
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

Mcintosh...
kills all of thoes sept for eclipse and high end alpine...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #51
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
Mcintosh...
kills all of thoes sept for eclipse and high end alpine...
u can throw in the alpine f#1 status, the clarion DRZ9255, eclipse cd8455, and the pioneer premier DEX-P9, nakamichi cd700II, the denon z1, r1, and it would be pretty interesting

also clarion and mcintosh have the same parent company im sure they tried to even it out lol
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:02 PM   #52
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD
my accord has the double DIN too .... I have something in mind for it

Poncho ...... a 1/2 DIN would be 1" tall by 7" wide - the standard aftermarket CD player is a single DIN size (2" X 7")

and yes, car stereo can be a VERY expensive hobby. Even a modest system with quality componenets can run over $2000
Yep, I'm glad you caught that!
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:30 PM   #53
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Ok, well if I get an amp, I'd like it to power all 4 main speakers. What would be good for that? Remember I don't need too much power, just a bit more than the stock amp provides.

Where should I get the amp and maybe even the speakers hooked up? I don't trust myself with electronics. I just broke the audio jack on my laptop by shocking it once to much lol.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:39 PM   #54
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

i dont like 2 DIN.... the are no in the middle HU's for it. and the kits to put 1din or 1/2din in usually look gay and leave an open space. From the little it of research ive dont there are crappy 2 DIN HU and then there $1000 2DIN hu's. but if im wrong feel free to correct me. Im just looking for a 2DIN that puts out a clean RCA signal...any more would jsut be some nice extra's not must haves...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #55
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Ughh why does everyone ignore my questions lol. And yea, double din is very underrepresented, I hate how cramped single din units are.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:37 PM   #56
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Ughh why does everyone ignore my questions lol. And yea, double din is very underrepresented, I hate how cramped single din units are.
As stated before, you do not want to pull you imaging towards the rear. A good sound stage is set in front of you, and if you get a 4channel amp...you'll either be underpowering the fronts or overpowering the rears. So, as I stated before stick with a 2channel amp for the components up front and power the CDT cl-6x coaxials for the rear off the stock amplifier (i.e. straight up replace the stock speakers). peace

NG
Old 03-22-2005, 06:57 AM   #57
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsm13
As stated before, you do not want to pull you imaging towards the rear. A good sound stage is set in front of you, and if you get a 4channel amp...you'll either be underpowering the fronts or overpowering the rears. So, as I stated before stick with a 2channel amp for the components up front and power the CDT cl-6x coaxials for the rear off the stock amplifier (i.e. straight up replace the stock speakers). peace

NG
Ditto! Gotta think. When you are at a concert do you turn around so the music is blairing from behind you? So why would you want it to sound that way in your car? Really, the only time I amp the rears is if I have a seriously bassy system or if I am messing with 5.1 surround.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:08 PM   #58
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Ditto! Gotta think. When you are at a concert do you turn around so the music is blairing from behind you? So why would you want it to sound that way in your car? Really, the only time I amp the rears is if I have a seriously bassy system or if I am messing with 5.1 surround.
Yessir, we agree! Finally...i knew it would happen eventually

NG
Old 03-22-2005, 08:12 PM   #59
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Hrrm, interesting, so I would keep the stock amp and it would only run the 6x9s? So what amp would you suggest for just the RE or CL components? Where would I get it all hooked up (since I don't trust myeself with wiring and such).

Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 PM   #60
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Hrrm, interesting, so I would keep the stock amp and it would only run the 6x9s? So what amp would you suggest for just the RE or CL components? Where would I get it all hooked up (since I don't trust myeself with wiring and such).
Buhh...in your words, "Does any1 read what I say..." or something of that sort

As stated before, check out a Profile CL400 for either set of components. They can be had new at an ebay store, www.thezeb.com , or www.ikesound.com

And as far as the rear speakers, as stated before...use CDT cl-6x coaxials to replace you stock rear speakers, run them off the stock amplifier. As far as hooking up the amplifier, we can walk you through everything you need to to step by step if need be. I'm also available on AIM: ngbd13

NG

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio