Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #1
SeanSmith
AF Newbie

1999 P11-144 Security Problem

I have 1999 Primera P11-144 2-litre Sport+ (with the SR20DE engine and CVT-M6 transmission).

A couple of days ago my remote central locking and alarm (part of the NATS system & Theft Security System) started playing up, and today it stopped working altogether.

The car does not unlock with the keyfob but only by unlocking the door with the key. Doing this trips the alarm and you have to put the key in the ignition and start the car to stop the alarm siren.

I replaced the battery in the keyfob but this did not help. I found elsewhere here that corroded connections at the battery can cause this type of problem, and as the postive terminal was very badly corroded I replaced this and terminated the cables with new connectors, etc.

This still did not rectify the problem.

I then suspected that the keyfob may need to be reprogrammed/registered to the system, so I followed the procedure from the Nissan dealership workshop manual.

When going through this process everything goes according to plan except that doing the part of holding the "unlock" button while pressing the "lock" button 3 times and then releasing the "unlock" button, the key does not register with the system.

I suspect that the keyfob may be faulty as the system works except for the keyfob.

Where I am really stuck now is that until I can book the car into Nissan I still need to drive around. I therefore need to disconnect the alarm syrens so that I do not bug the hell out of my neighbours all the time.

According to the Nissan manual there is one horn in the boot/trunk where the jack is stowed and I have unplugged this. But the manual does not make mention of another siren, yet there is another siren which still goes off.

Does anyone know where I can find this second siren or how I can disable the siren until I can get the car to a Nissan dealership?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it's likely to be a few days before I can get the car to Nissan and my neighbours are rather unforgiving

Thanks
-=Sean=-
SeanSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
alimcb
AF Newbie

Question Re: 1999 P11-144 Security Problem

Obvious question - does your spare key fob work?

If not, there is something more serious up with the car and you are right to take it to the dealer.

Also, have you tried using the key fob in more than one location? Keyless entry systems can be drowned out by radio transmissions.
alimcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
SeanSmith
AF Newbie

I should have posted a follow-up earlier but completely forgot.

I picked up a new keyfob from eBay and went through the process of registering it to the system.

It works fine and I've had no problems since, so it would seem it's cured and it was the original keyfob that was at fault.

If anyone else with the P11 with the fob built into the key has any problems do a search on eBay for "Tino" key fob and you'll find it. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than going to Nissan and if anyone is interested I can post the programming procedure in a thread here.

Thanks
-=Sean=-

Last edited by SeanSmith; 07-16-2004 at 03:25 PM.
SeanSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #4
nazir
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 P11-144 Security Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanSmith
I should have posted a follow-up earlier but completely forgot.

I picked up a new keyfob from eBay and went through the process of registering it to the system.

It works fine and I've had no problems since, so it would seem it's cured and it was the original keyfob that was at fault.

If anyone else with the P11 with the fob built into the key has any problems do a search on eBay for "Tino" key fob and you'll find it. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than going to Nissan and if anyone is interested I can post the programming procedure in a thread here.

Thanks
-=Sean=-
Hi Sean
Tried e-bay - no success!! could you please give me more detailed contact for "Tino"? Is this a car accessory shop? Have been having similar problem with my key fob and I need to get another one. My e-mail is n.a.shariff@warwick.ac.uk
Thanks
Naz
nazir is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General