Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
anjelize1
AF Newbie

95 honda accord keeps cutting out and backfiring..

hi there, i have a 95 accord, its driving me crazy, while driving it starts to cut out,and slows down, then when i push on the gas it backfires, it starts to go when i slam on the gas at first then it will be fine, ive taken it to 3 auto shops, had a tune-up, then had a fuel filter put on,then it still did it so the next place said it was the fuel pump, had that put on, still does it, then someone said check the catalict coverter, thats fine, so what else could it possibly be? they wont do a computer diagnostic because the check engine light hasnt came on, any suggestions please?? the coil, timing? anything? all i want to do is fix it and sell it! thank you
anjelize1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
moharo
AF Newbie

Re: 95 honda accord keeps cutting out and backfiring..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelize1
hi there, i have a 95 accord, its driving me crazy, while driving it starts to cut out,and slows down, then when i push on the gas it backfires, it starts to go when i slam on the gas at first then it will be fine, ive taken it to 3 auto shops, had a tune-up, then had a fuel filter put on,then it still did it so the next place said it was the fuel pump, had that put on, still does it, then someone said check the catalict coverter, thats fine, so what else could it possibly be? they wont do a computer diagnostic because the check engine light hasnt came on, any suggestions please?? the coil, timing? anything? all i want to do is fix it and sell it! thank you
This could be an EGR problem , it is common on hondas egr ports get clogged causing the vehicle to miss under load or anytime. First thing to do is disconnect your EGR connector and drive it , check engine might come on . If the miss goes away then you found your problem. If that is the case , right below you injectors there's a plate which needs to be removed cleaned and make sure you clean out all the egr ports in the intake.
thx , marty
moharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
Severity
AF Regular

i had a similar problem with my civic. it has a jdm b18b swap. when the engine was cold, it would start and run fine. when it was warmed up the idle was low, sometimes it would kinda gasp and then die, or when driving in gear it would feel like it was surging, or when accelarating the revs would go up but the power just wasn't been transferred to the wheels very efficiently, then all of a sudden it would hook up and run fine. the problem was in the distributor. when i replaced it a year ago i didn't screw the rotor to the shaft, eventually, the rotor started wobbling and missing contact with the cap, which ended up frying the igniter, once i replaced the cap, rotor and igniter it runs just fine. of course this time i screwed the rotor down, because now i know how to turn the rotor around to get to the screw hole. so, maybe it has something to do with the dizzy
Severity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
Mcorson1101
AF Newbie

I have the exact problem! I have cleaned out and replaced the egr valve it didn't work replaced the exhaust and fuel filter, throttle body position sensor was replaced, I replaced the plugs and wires twice in six months, and recently switched out the ignition coil. I am close to giving up after 3grand into it. Nothing yet it's smoother but still cuts out and still backfires. I need help as well.
Ps the cap and rotor are new as well as a new water pump and belts.

Last edited by Mcorson1101; 08-06-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forgot last sentence
Mcorson1101 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!