Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
tlbrand55
AF Newbie

Post 900 S warm starting problem

I recently acquired a '94 Saab 900S. I love it, but it has a problem when it gets warm. Occasionally it will cut off after driving for over 30 minutes or even more. But the main problem is that once warmed up and turned off sometimes it must cool for up to an hour before it will catch (it will actually start then die immediately). It is not the starter as I have hit the starter sometimes as much as 50 times before it would catch. It would seem to be some kind of sensor, but I don't have money to start switching them out randomly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
tlbrand55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
yme
AF Newbie

Re: 900 S warm starting problem

I have about the same problem, 1994 SAAB 2.5l V6 starts ok cold but after it warms up it will not start. Sometimes have to wait hours on a hot day be for it will start again.

Did you fine a fix? I have lived with this problem for over two years.

Thanks,
yme
yme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
nrico_1
AF Newbie

there is a module located on the front right (passenger side)kick panel, when I had problems with my airconditioning, it led to this module, and it was full of bad solder connections, if this module is also the engine management system, I would recommend to have it re-soldered by a compitent technician, see if it solves your problem, if it does not, I feel it needs to be done anyway as a preventive maintainance.
nrico_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
paul19691969
AF Newbie

i think i found the prob i talked to a guy that owns forin auto in washington pa. he said in the fuel pump your 2 fuel lines have quick conects.1 is main fuel line 2 is a return line. where the fuel lines conect to the pump each line has a vave which he says goes bad. im going to change mine and see if the valve is stuck open becouse it lets the fuel bleed off back to the tank. and wont hold pressure. he says he has changed alot of then . i hope this helps thanks paul
paul19691969 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900