Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #16
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Shudder at around 60mph - 2005 Malibu Maxx

Closely checked the motor and trans mounts? You may be at the point where an experienced tech should drive the car for some help.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #17
Johnny R
AF Regular

With all due respect, it surprises me that a vehicle owner will take a stab in the dark and install replacement parts in the hope that it fixes the problem, all the while not knowing what the problem is. Often this is more expensive that a trip to the mechanic. I am living testimony to the fact that guesswork is pricey!
Johnny R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #18
nemets88
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny R View Post
With all due respect, it surprises me that a vehicle owner will take a stab in the dark and install replacement parts in the hope that it fixes the problem, all the while not knowing what the problem is. Often this is more expensive that a trip to the mechanic. I am living testimony to the fact that guesswork is pricey!
Agreed. Axle only cost me $40. But I am at a loss as to what is causing this, and I know that mechanics can be pricey as well. I plan to take it to a buddy that does auto work for a living to at least get a diagnosis.

I found that my right front caliper was sticking intermittently, so I swapped that out. Took it for a drive, and while the vibration was definitely less aggressive, I still felt some. Still need to bleed the brakes a bit more, but that definitely was an issue that needed to be fixed.

When rechecking suspension components, I found a bottom motor mount was missing a nut, and the other was loose. Cranked that down, but it didn't seem to help the problem. Other side looked good.

I really appreciate the help, and I'll continue to do some digging and report back my findings. Please let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks!
nemets88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #19
nemets88
AF Newbie

Well I think I've got the problem fixed. After swapping out the caliper, I no longer have the death shake. Thanks again for everyone's help!
nemets88 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu